Chapter 1

The phone rang in the big mansion in Cambridge, England at about 3 am, no-one but the house manager was awake at the time while his mistress was away, probably at some night club, he gently picked up the phone

 "Hello?" uttered Laurie slowly

 "Hi, this is John the cook?" said a sweet, lively voice on the other side of the line.

 "No miss, this is Laurie Kingsly the house manager, John is asleep now miss"

 "Alright then Laurie, may I speak to Arabella Smith?"

 "My mistress is away for the time being", his British tone was rather annoyed saying those words, in the end, he was waiting for her to come safely home.

"By god it's 3 am!"

 "Not much to do about it miss"

 "Aren't you tired Laurie?"

 "As her loyal house  keeper and friend it is but my personal duty to wait for her to come safely home"

"so it is, how sweet of you Laurie!"

 The 21 year old young man blushed at those words and couldn't return it with equal gentleness

 "By what name should I address you to my mistress m'lady?"

"Tell her Angie Green called"

"Will do miss Green"

"Oh and tell her I'll be coming over tomorrow for the art books"

"It would be a pleasure to have you miss"

 "Aw thank you Laurie, well, good night sweet Kingsly"

 "And to you miss Green"

 It ended. How he wished it wouldn't end, that sweet voice that spoke with such liveliness. He plopped himself onto the couch waiting for Arabella and hoping for tomorrow to come sooner. At about 3:30 the grand door opened and tall, dark, beautiful, drunk Arabella walked in. 

"LAURIE I'M HOME!" she yelled enthusiastically

"Hell yeah you are" he murmured to himself annoyed, "What kept you out so long?"

"It's called having fun, you should try it once in a while"

 "I mean no disrespect miss but how could I possibly have fun while I'm worried sick about my mistress and dear friend away at such an hour?!"

 She saw the anger building up in his green eyes

 "Lighten up a bit Kingsly, not all of us are British gentlemen here"

 She ruffled up his brown hair and smiled as he rolled his eyes.

"By the way miss Smith a friend called"

"Who?"

 "Miss Angie Green, she said she'd be coming over tomorrow for art books"

"Yeah she got transferred to my art history class at the beginning of the year, fun girl", She smirked at Laurie, which annoyed him again

"I wish nothing in your games miss Smith, she's but a friend of my mistress"

 "If ya say so Laur"

 There was still a mysterious twinkle in her light brown eyes as she uttered those words. Laurie bade her good night and went off to bed thinking about Angie, about meeting her. He feel asleep exhausted, hoping for tomorrow to come sooner.