chapter 15

" I think I know what you meat by pure seduction, and I apologize if I did anything, inappropriate" Said Arabella as she sat down to breakfast with Laurie. 

"Oh everything about that was inappropriate"

" You don't have to make me feel worse about it"

"I'm simply glad that I have a rational explanation for everything that went on this morning and yesterday"

 "Not really" She said slightly smiling. 

"I beg your pardon?"

"Whatever happened today was alcohol's fault, but I meant that kiss yesterday".Laurie looked at her blankly. "I did it out of nothing but emotion Laur, the moment seemed right for it. I thought it would help make me feel better and so it did"

"It kind of did yeah" He said blushing. 

"Kissing you for the sake and intent of kissing you would be profoundly wrong in this relationsh-"

 A servant walked by. Laurie looked at her as she winked back at him then continued walked away. "Well that was disturbing. Who is she?"

"New servant. She's a tad, like me, maybe worse, so I wouldn't recommend being alone with her in a room"

"Why do you even hire these people? And I still don't understand your point m'lady"

 Arabella faceplamed herself and started talking as if he were five. "When someone has your you'ness, girls tend to like it. Do you know how many female servants here like you?"

 He was about to talk when she cut him off, "All of them"

 "That makes everything I've ever done with any of them seem extremely awkward"

"You're a chick flick Laurie, only you don't actually mean to attract them, they just flock to you"

Laurie paused to take that in then spoke again. "Anyway"

"Yeah?"

"I want to ask a favor of you"

"Go ahead Kingsly"

"I want you to help find me a job. I cannot spend the rest of my life depending on you miss Smith, no offence"

"No I get it, I'll what I can do. Laurie?"

"Yes?"

"Don't forget, Angie's coming in half an hour"

He stood up and left the table. "I'll go lock myself in my bed room. Tell me when she leaves".Arabella stared after him till he came back and stood in front of her.

 "One more thing. Do not let her know I'm here. Just say I went out to buy things or whatever just, please"

 She placed a hand on her heart and acted dramatically. "You wish of me to lie sir kingsly?!"

"Bella!"

"Alright, alright. Quit your whining, women up already. I've got your back"

He thanked her and headed to his room. After six hours of being self locked in his room, she finally knocked on the door. Laurie let her in and both sat on the bed.

 "Did she mention me?"

"Probably the only thing we talked about was bloody you" Arabella groaned

 Laurie felt good that the girl he liked still liked him back.

 "You talked about me for six hours?"

"Oh no, I would've been numb by now if so. She left hours ago, I just enjoyed the lack of Laurie in the air"

"How sweet of you miss Smith" He said rolling his green eyes.

"Actually, shuck-face, I was making some calls" She smirked, "And I kinda managed to get you a job, in London"

"Within one day?"

"I do miracles" She said shrugging arrogantly.

"So what is it?"

"My dad's friend owns this fancy restaurant so I called him, introduced myself, and asked if he needed any new employees. Thankfully he said yes"

"How did you get his number?"

"Called my dad"

Now, Arabella didn't have the best of relationships with her father and Laurie was quite familiar with that. 

"You called your father to help me get a job?"

"No I didn't , it was a tree elf" She said sarcastically,"Of course I did you nim wit. You're Laurie" She said smiling as she punched him in the arm. 

"So, when do I leave for the job?"

She took his hands in her's, suddenly seeming sad and postalgic, "Tomorrow".