chapter 14

Laurie couldn't sleep at all that night, thinking and thinking about everything. He was completely shocked at what had happened between him and Arabella, then again, he enjoyed it. 

Don't think that way kingsly he thought to himself.

 Kingsly. That's what Bella called him. He felt so confused, what to feel, what not to feel, made him wish she hadn't came for him to begin with. The next morning he was exhausted from lack of sleep. He came out of his room with his hair all ruffled up and clothes all messy. Arabella descended the stairs wearing an utterly shorter than usual night gown.

 "Mornin Laur". She sounded totally normal, as if nothing had happened last night.

 "Good morning miss Smith" He said nervously.

 "Bella?"

"Yuhu?"

"If it's not to bold of me, is that dress not too short?"

She edged nearer to him placing her hands around his neck, "That's the point of it"

 He nervously removed her hands off his shoulder. Why was she acting so strangely? So seductively? He knew she had her ways, he was even okay with that kiss they shared last night, but this, this was too much. 

"Don't forget Angie's coming today"

"I miss her so much"

 "Do you?" She said smirking. 

He sat straight up on the couch as she stood in front of him, pretending to have accidentally lowered her gown strap.

 "I bet she misses you too" She said seductively leaning over Laurie. 

He sank back the closer she got. "That's it, I will not allow you to act this way with me, with all due respect miss Smith!"

 As if his words had struck her, she plopped back onto the table holding her head and groaning in pain.

 "Bella are you ok?"

She didn't answer him. He got up and quickly stooped her up in his arms, carrying her to her bed upstairs. When he opened the door, he couldn't believe his eyes. Empty bottles of liquor everywhere. He placed her on the bed and ran his fingers anxiously through his hair. 

So that's why she's been acting up he concluded.

He looked back to her and saw her sleeping on the bed, and decided to sit near her till she wakes up. After a fair hour of sleeping, her bright, brown eyes finally opened up. She sat up in her bed and ran her hand through her soft, long hair. 

"Hi?"

"We have to talk."

"Bout what?"

 Laurie gestured to the empty bottles on the floor. "I thought you said you'd stop. Bella this is bad for you and your health"

"I said I'd stop 5 months ago".Laurie glared at her till she got the message.

"Ok, I'm sorry, but it's hard to stop Laur. It's super hard!"

 "No more alcohol, at all."

"Not even once a week?!"

"None! You listen to me Arabella Smith, it would be a waste to lose you to liquor, an enormous, unnecessary waste. You're still so young and have an entire lifetime to live. You have an education to think about."

"But I swear I stopped going to bars"

"Oh really? You stopped ruining yourself out in the street so you go ahead and ruin yourself at home?! Not a good defense miss Smith, even for someone of your character"

 They sat silent for a solid three minutes before she spoke up again. "I promise I'll try my best"

 Laurie nodded at her. She looked down at what she was wearing then back up to Laurie and quickly pulled the sheets over her body.

 "Can you um, get out so I can change this thing. I haven't worn this in years, dunno why I am now"

 Laurie blushed and got up to leave. 

"Good thing you don't"

She looked at him curiously, "Explain mister Kingsly"

 "Two words miss Smith" He said smiling, "Pure Seduction", and he closed the door behind him.