chapter 13

"You still haven't told me how you found out where I was" Said Laurie as he sat next to Arabella on a couch

 She diverted her attention from the TV and spoke. "Hector told us"

"Us?"

"Yeah, us. Said he saw you there then started mocking you. Really he just want's Angie back but anyway, that's how I found out, so I decided to get you back the following day"

"So Angie knows?" He said silently.

 Arabella landed her hand on his and nodded. "By the way she's coming over tomorrow, if you want to see her and all"

"How can I see her when she knows what happened to me?!"

 He was ashamed of himself and of everything he's done, how could he let her see him that way? 

"I understand if you don't want to see her Laur"

 Both sat silently till Arabella broke the silence. "So, what went on these past few months?"

"Crap, crap went on"

"You actually use that word Kingsly?" She giggled. 

"I'm serious miss Smith"

"Well, what happened?". Her face seemed concerned all of a sudden, curiosity taking over her eyes. 

"Couldn't find a job and all that is one minor problem", his eyes started to tear up."They died". 

Arabella's eyes widened. "Who they?". She already knew the answer to that but she would take her chances. 

"Mother and Sally" He practically whispered.

 Arabella sat still, she loved the old lady, she loved the spunky teen that was like her in so many ways. 

"I'm so sorry Laur" She said resting her head on his shoulder, trying to hide the crack in her voice in front of Laurie.

 The two of them were more than friends, they were siblings, but when a cuddle was required, they cuddled. Just them on the couch, in each others arms, in silence. John came in smiling like his jolly self. 

"Laurie, is tú!"

"Hey John" Said he, trying to manage a smile.

 The cook saw Arabella wrapped up in Laurie's arms.

 "Excuse me, I come in a bad moment?"

 Arabella flashed straight up and took Laurie's arm off of her shoulder. "It's not like that mister Aengus" She mumbled annoyingly.

 "I wish it were miss Bella" Said the cook jokingly. Laurie turned pink and quickly looked to his former mistress to back him up.

 "Dream on mister Aengus"

 The cook smiled and departed, Bella got back in Laurie's arms. 

"How crazy is that"

"what is?"

"You and I a couple. It would possibly work if you're not acting like my dad all the time"

"I do that because I care miss Smith, because I know you're greater than what you show to people"

 She looked up to face him and he looked down at her. "Is that so sir Kingsly?"

"Indeed it is m'lady"

 The two of them were inches away from each other.

"Bella this is wrong"

"What is?" Said she in a smooth, low voice.

 The two of them closed their eyes, their lips met. They kissed. Laurie pulled away first, speechless. Arabella stared right into his wide green eyes, she saw fear, confusion, worry. Laurie let go of her and sat timidly on the couch. No one spoke.

 "Laurie I'm-"

"Shh-" He said putting a finger on his lips. "I don't know what just happened or why it happened, but it happened. Let's not fuss over it and simply let it blow away shall we?"

Arabella smiled weakly at him. "If you say so papa Kingsly"

 He smiled back at her, a smile that made even the strongest girl melt. 

"Laurie I'm so sorry!" She practically yelled out suddenly, hugging him tightly. He was more baffled than ever now. "What happened to you, your family's death, what you've been through, what just happened. I'm just so sorry"

 He caressed her hair gently and spoke in a soft voice, "Bella, today was tiring, mixed up and plain weird, maybe we should just go to bed and let tomorrow come". She nodded, still hiding her face in his chest. "You wan't to stay here a while?"

 She looked up to him smiling. "If you don't mind"

 "Not at all miss Smith"