Chapter 11 - Interview

(the picture on top is Corinne)

Ferdinand lived in a spacious and sophisticated studio apartment that Michael had gotten him for a bargain. It was located in the noble area of Double Bay, and it wasn't far from Michael's. Corinne loved to go there, and she went there many times after taking care of some of her family business in the morning, and only if her boyfriend could afford a more intimate visit. Lately, though, she felt that Ferdinand was distracted.

In the past, there was nothing, not even a phone call that could distract him from being intimate with her, but lately, everything worked as a distraction. Corinne questioned her beauty and sensuality while observing him, secretly talking to his best mate Michael. She couldn't hear a thing from that conversation, for he had retreated into a secluded location in that white and minimalist-decorated apartment.

Disappointed with the turnout of that encounter, she collected her stuff. Walking toward the door, decided to give up on that year-long relationship that went nowhere, she looked back to say her mental farewell to Ferdinand. She then turned the doorknob, and as she was walking out, Ferdinand suddenly showed up.

"Where are you going?" he was very surprised to see her at the door, this type of scene had never happened before.

"I was just leaving," she stated.

"Where to?!" he couldn't understand her decision.

"I have some shopping to do." Corinne lied.

"Are you upset?" He knew that going shopping was usually her get away from the troubles on her mind.

Corinne sighed, sliding her expensive leather bag down her shoulder. "I don't see the point of this relationship."

"What do you mean?" He was intrigued, although he knew where she was coming from. "We love each other," he wasn't so sure of this one, he just said it, "We have great sex, we have lots in common," He enumerated. "Aren't those good reasons to keep us in this relationship?"

"Do you plan to have a family, or a more public display of our commitment before my family, before society?" She dared him to be honest.

Ferdinand wanted to be married to Corinne's money, more honestly. He found her very annoying, superficial, and too bossy to stay too long around. Unfortunately, he was so fed up that it started to show.

"I do. I want to have a family." he wasn't so sure about this. To have a family of his own wasn't something he had ever entertained.

"Ferdinand, I do love you, but if we don't have the same goals for the future, what's the point of this relationship? I can't waste any more time trying to change you or your goals."

Corinne walked past the door, but he held her hand, trying to reason with her, at least just help her understand his side.

"Let me go." She pleaded.

He obeyed, closing the door after she left. He sat down on the couch, silent and frustrated for having to lead the rest of his life bootlicking Michael until he achieved the quality of life he aimed for.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael was anxiously waiting at the bar of his restaurant for Ferdinand. He was taking a cold drink, and scrolling through his phone. His heart was racing in impatience. Finally, his mate entered through the door.

"What took you so long?" Michael demanded.

"The interview is at 3!" Ferdinand recalled.

"I told you to be here thirty minutes earlier," Michael complained in an angry tone.