Frantic Concern

As the hours ticked by, a sense of unease settled over Taehyung's family back home. His father, Taecyeon, paced anxiously in his study, his mind consumed with worry as he waited for any sign of his son's safe arrival. But as the minutes turned into hours and still no word came, Taecyeon's anxiety grew into a palpable sense of dread.

Checking his work phone and personal phone for any missed calls or messages, Taecyeon's heart sank as he realized that there was nothing from either Taehyung or the driver. Panic gnawed at his insides as he frantically dialed his secretary, hoping against hope that she might have some news to ease his fears.

"Did I receive any messages from Taehyung or the driver?" Taecyeon asked urgently, his voice trembling with emotion.

His secretary's response was swift and decisive. "No, sir. There haven't been any messages or calls."

Taecyeon's frustration bubbled to the surface as he slammed his phone down on the desk, his hands trembling with fear. He tried calling his wife next, but there was no answer, further adding to his growing sense of alarm.

"Damn it!" He roared in frustration.

With each unanswered call, Taecyeon's anxiety deepened, his mind racing with a million possibilities, each one more terrifying than the last. He tried reaching out to Evan next, but his eldest son's phone went straight to voicemail, leaving Taecyeon feeling more helpless than ever.

It was only when he finally managed to reach Namjoon, his second-born son, that Taecyeon's worst fears were confirmed. "Namjoon, have you heard from Taehyung or the driver? They should have arrived in Liverpool by now."

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line before Namjoon's voice came through, thick with concern. "No, Dad. I haven't heard anything from Taehyung. Are you sure they should have arrived by now?"

Taecyeon's heart sank at Namjoon's words, a cold dread settling over him like a shroud. "Yes, they should have arrived hours ago. Something's not right, Namjoon. I can feel it."

A sense of urgency gripped Taecyeon as he realized the gravity of the situation. His son was missing, and time was running out. With each passing moment, the chances of finding Taehyung grew slimmer, leaving Taecyeon grappling with a sense of helplessness unlike anything he had ever experienced before.

But even as fear threatened to overwhelm him, Taecyeon knew that he couldn't give up hope. He would move heaven and earth to find his son, no matter the cost. And as he hung up the phone, a steely resolve settled over him, driving him forward in his desperate search for answers.

※※※※※

As Evan and his crew arrived back at their fire station, complaining about their last call, Evan laughed out loud at one of the remarks his crew members made.

"That call was better," He noted. "We once had one where we had to attend a helium outbreak in a party shop. The inhalation had us talking funny for hours!"

The entire team laughed at the story as he elaborated on what happened during that call.

He then reached for his phone from his bag as they reached the bunkers, and as he opened it, his face slowly drained of all laughter and colour.

Evan rushed back to the main area of the fire house, his heart pounding in his chest as he began to make sense of the message from his younger brother.

As he burst through the doors, his mind raced with a million thoughts, each one more terrifying than the last.

Spotting his Captain, Ray across the room, Evan wasted no time in approaching him, his voice urgent as he relayed the situation. "Captain, we need to leave. My brother's in trouble, and we need to go quickly."

The captain raised an eyebrow, his expression one of concern as he regarded Evan. "Slow down, Kim. What do you mean your brother's in trouble?"

Evan took a deep breath, his hands trembling with the weight of the situation. "My brother, Taehyung, he sent me a message. It's our signal when he's in danger or feeling unsafe, Cap. And now, He's in danger, we need to act fast."

Ray's eyes widened in understanding as Evan explained the system he and his brothers had in place for moments like this. With a nod of acknowledgment, Ray sprang into action, rallying the firefighters to gather their gear and prepare to depart for the last place Taehyung was seen.

As Evan dialed his father's number, his heart pounded in his chest, each ring of the phone echoing in the silence of the firehouse. When his father finally answered, Evan wasted no time in delivering the news.

"Dad, it's me," Evan said, his voice trembling with emotion. "Bear sent the signal."

There was a moment of stunned silence on the other end of the line before his father's voice filled the air. "What do you mean, Evan? What's happening?"

Evan took a deep breath, steeling himself for the weight of his father's questions. "I don't know the details yet, Dad, but we're on our way out. We'll notify the police and do everything we can to find Taehyungie."

With a heavy heart, Evan ended the call, his mind racing with fear and uncertainty. The weight of the situation bore down on him like a crushing weight, threatening to overwhelm him with its magnitude.

But as he joined his fellow firefighters in preparing to depart, a sense of determination washed over Evan. He would find his brother, no matter the cost. And as they raced against the clock to save Taehyung from whatever danger he faced, Evan knew that they would stop at nothing to bring him home safely.

Captain Ray, his gaze unwavering, issued orders to the firefighters under his command. "Get geared up, everyone. We're heading out on possibly, a rescue mission."

Without hesitation, the firefighters sprang into action, donning their protective gear and preparing to depart. Evan's heart pounded in his chest as he joined his team, the weight of the moment bearing down on him with each passing second.

As they rushed to the fire truck, Evan's mind raced with a million thoughts, each one centered on his beloved brother. Memories of their childhood flashed before his eyes, a bittersweet reminder of the bond they shared and the unbreakable connection that bound them together.

With a sense of determination burning in his heart, Evan climbed into the firetruck, his hands steady on the wheel as he prepared to lead his team into the unknown.

As they pulled out of the firehouse, sirens blaring and lights flashing, Evan's thoughts were consumed by one singular focus: finding Taehyung and bringing him home safely.

As they raced through the streets, the urgency of their mission weighed heavily on Evan's mind. With each passing moment, the distance between them and Taehyung grew shorter, fueling Evan's resolve to reunite with his brother no matter the cost.

As they neared their destination, the train station that Taehyung boarded the train from, Evan's heart pounded in his chest with a mixture of fear and determination. The streets blurred past in a blur of lights and shadows as they closed in on the station.

And as they arrived, Evan's breath caught in his throat at the sight before him. Police cars lined the street, their lights flashing ominously in the darkness as officers scrambled to secure the area.

With a sinking feeling in his stomach, Evan realized the magnitude of the danger they faced. But as he locked eyes with his fellow firefighters, a silent understanding passed between them: they would stop at nothing to bring Taehyung home safely, no matter the odds stacked against them.