The betrayal

The sudden shift in Jungkook's demeanour left Taehyung stunned, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched his companion's transformation with wide eyes.

Gone was the trembling fear that had consumed Jungkook moments before, replaced by an air of confidence and nonchalance that seemed entirely out of place in their dire circumstances.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered, his voice barely audible over the chaotic scene unfolding around them. But Jungkook ignored him, his gaze fixed on the lead captor as he strode purposefully towards him, a determined glint in his eyes.

"I said no killing the elderly!" Jungkook's voice rang out in frustration, cutting through the tension in the carriage as he addressed the captor with a boldness that took Taehyung by surprise.

Exasperated, Jungkook let out a loud sigh, shaking his head in frustration. "You've created a mess, Justin, and you know how I hate messes."

The captor, whose name was apparently Justin, rolled his eyes in response, his expression tinged with annoyance. "Yeah yeah, well, I had to improvise since you were busy playing boyfriend with Cinderella over there," he retorted, gesturing towards Taehyung with a disdainful sneer.

Taehyung's heart sank at the mention of his name, his tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he struggled to comprehend the sudden turn of events. But Jungkook's attention had already shifted back to him, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he approached.

"Awe, little baby. I had you fooled, didn't I?" Jungkook cooed, his voice dripping with mock sympathy as he reached out to brush away Taehyung's tears.

Taehyung could only stare at Jungkook in disbelief, his mind reeling from the realization that the fear he had witnessed moments ago had been nothing more than an act. But before he could respond, Jungkook turned back to Justin, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"I could be a great actor, couldn't I?" Jungkook exclaimed, his laughter ringing out through the carriage as he basked in the absurdity of the situation.

Justin chuckled in response, humor glinting in his eyes as he indulged Jungkook's theatrics. "You certainly had us fooled, kid," he admitted, a wry smile playing at his lips as he recalled their failed attempt to escape earlier.

"Oh please! No! Please let him go!" Justin mimicked Jungkook, causing the group of captors to collectively let out a loud laugh. Some even bending to hit their knees, and some with tears of laughter escaping their eyes.

"Well I had to make it believable somehow," Jungkook shrugged as he turned back to Taehyung, raising his chin with a gun. "I seem to have excelled. Had him eating out of the palm of my hand." He chuckled.

Taehyung was stunned at the nonchalance Jungkook seemed to exude.

Was it all a lie? All of it? Was nothing really real?

The tension in the carriage seemed to dissipate slightly, replaced by an uneasy calm as the captors and hostages alike grappled with the surreal nature of Jungkook's sudden transformation.

"I gotta give it to you Kooks," One captor, David, noted. "I thought you switched sides for a minute there."

Justin, along with Jungkook rolled their eyes. "You fucking idiot." Justin slapped the back of David's head. "This whole operation is Jungkook's work!" He exclaimed. "Practically his baby. How could he switch side?" He asked the younger, as if he was dumb.

"And all for a damsel at that?" Justin continued before he turned to Jungkook who looked bored at David. "I told you we should have dropped him."

Jungkook turned to Justin as if he was regretting his life decisions, "Well we couldn't," He noted as he moved to sit down on the chair Taehyung was crouched next to.

When Taehyung Tried to move, Jungkook pulled him back by his hair, causing him to let out a loud cry. Hands shooting to his hair to ease the elder's hand.

"You're making noise Taehyungie," Jungkook whispered patronizingly. "You're gonna alert your brother outside."

Taehyung's eyes widened at that and before he could say anything, Jungkook landed a loud slap on his face. Causing the younger to land with a scream on the floor.

"I saw what you did, Taehyung." Jungkook's voice, along with his eyes were filled with venom and fire.

When Taehyung sat up again, Jungkook struck his other cheek. "You just had to go and alert your nosy brother didn't you?" He exclaimed as he landed a kick on his stomach.

Taehyung groaned as he curled up in pain. Sobs silently wracking up his whole body, which was in excruciating pain.

"Well, this simmers down my doubts of you loving him," Aaron, one of the captors who was quiet almost the entire hostage situation, finally spoke up. "I thought you fell in love with him and would change the whole plan for him."

An evil laugh got out of Jungkook whose head was thrown back.

"My, my Aaron," Jungkook said with traces of amusement still on his face. "I didn't know you could talk."

The younger captor went to talk but was quickly shut up by Jungkook who raised his finger, "Don't get me wrong," He started. "I love my little toy to bits," He bent down and held Taehyung chin in his hand, pulling the younger to face him.

"But he chose to be a bad boy and alert his dumbass brother somehow." His venomous voice wrang the entire carriage as he boomed.

"You might be wondering, my Little Taehyungie," Jungkook threw Taehyung back to the floor. He stood us, dusting of the invisible dirt from his pants.

"How do I know your brother," He said in an exasperated tone. Which had a condescending hint.

"Well," He clapped his hands together. "You're not a hard person to observe."