Me and My Senpai

The sun rises high into the sky and the cherry blossoms fall and multiple high school students make their way to school

The sun rises high into the sky and the cherry blossoms fall and multiple high school students make their way to school. One of these students is completely lost in their thoughts and none of the other students are paying attention to them. The high school student who is completely lost in their thoughts is actually me:

My name is Yuma Masaru, your ordinary high school freshman. I do not have any friends in my class, and this because of my introverted nature. I am not good at talking to people and often distance myself and refuse to take part in group activities during class. The teacher is always considerate of this and let me work by myself. People in my class seem to bully me all the time, but there is one person who treats me kindly.

I am walking to school the next day and my mind is completely occupied by thoughts. People around me just ignore me and see me as just another face. It is at this moment when I hear a familiar sounding voice.

"Yuma, good morning!"

The one calling out to me is my childhood friend and senpai, Shizuka Kawai. She is a second year student at our high school and recognized as one of the most popular girls in her year. There is a one-year age gap between us.

During my second year of Junior High, Shizuka who is in her third year, graduated. However, since we live right next to each other, it means that we can always see each other. Shizuka, with her long dark hair, pale skin and bluebell eyes is the target of affection from both first years and second years alike.

She is constantly getting confessions from people, but turns them all down. Apparently, there is only one person that she likes. In all honesty, I am deeply in love with Shizuka. I've been in love with her since my second year of Junior High. I choose to hide this because I do not want people to attack me because of my association with Shizuka. However, Shizuka makes it quite obvious that she is in love with me.

Despite the fact that we are both aware of each other's feelings, we have never openly discussed them. We have always maintained a platonic friendship, but there are moments when I catch her looking at me with a soft smile, or when she goes out of her way to help me with my schoolwork.

Shizuka is the only person who treats me with kindness in school. She stands up for me when others try to bully me, and she always includes me in group activities. I am grateful for her presence in my life, as she is the only one who makes me feel like I belong.

As we walk to school together, I feel a sense of comfort and happiness. Shizuka's presence by my side gives me the strength to face another day of loneliness and isolation. I may not have many friends in my class, but having Shizuka as my friend makes all the difference.

I may be just an average high school freshman, but with Shizuka by my side, I feel like I can conquer anything. She is my ray of sunshine in a world filled with darkness, and I am grateful for her unwavering kindness and support.

Despite the unspoken feelings that linger between us, I am hesitant to bring them up for fear of ruining the beautiful friendship we have built. I cherish the moments we spend together, whether it's studying for exams or simply laughing at each other's jokes. Shizuka's presence in my life has become a source of comfort and joy, and I can't imagine navigating the ups and downs of high school without her by my side.

I often wonder if Shizuka feels the same way I do, if she sees me as more than just a friend. But I am content with the way things are, knowing that our bond is strong and genuine. But for now, I am grateful for the friendship we share and the love and support she gives me every day.

Whenever I am with Shizuka, my entire world comes to a standstill. My heart races whenever we are in the same room and I always find myself looking at her during breaks. Shizuka places her hand on mine, and this never fails to startle me. This something that she does as a way to subtly tease me. I know some people would normally hate this. Although, seeing as I am her childhood friend and I have romantic feelings for her, I do not mind being teased by her.