Going to school as an official couple

I walk to school alone the next morning and suddenly feel something soft against my arm

I walk to school alone the next morning and suddenly feel something soft against my arm. I turn my head and see my childhood friend and second-year high school student, Shizuka, grabbing my arm. She starts treating affectionately and the other students are looking at me. They start shooting my objective glares as they cannot stand to see an introverted high school freshman like me, being in a romantic relationship with a popular second year student like Shizuka.

"What is a plain and boring guy like Yuma, doing with a popular girl like Shizuka-Senpai?" asks one of the other freshmen

"I know, he does not deserve her." Says another freshman

"Stop talking crap about my boyfriend!" Shizuka cries

She tightens her grip on my arm, asserting her claim over me. Her words echo through the crowd, silencing the whispers and disapproving glances. The jealousy in their eyes turns into astonishment, as they realize that Shizuka, the epitome of popularity and beauty, has chosen me, Yuma, the introverted and unassuming freshman.

As we continue walking towards the school gates, Shizuka's protective stance never wavers. She shields me from the judgmental gazes, creating a shield of love and acceptance around us. Her unwavering support gives me a newfound confidence, as I walk with my head held high, no longer feeling like an outcast.

Throughout the day, rumours spread like wildfire, fuelled by the curiosity and envy of our peers. Whispers of how we became a couple circulate, each version more exaggerated than the last. Some say it was a love at first sight, while others claim it was a childhood promise fulfilled. But the truth is, our relationship had always been a deep bond of friendship, gradually blossoming into something more.

Shizuka's popularity and my introverted nature may seem like an unlikely match, but our connection goes beyond superficial appearances. We understand and support each other in ways that no one else can. Shizuka sees the real me, beyond the shy exterior, and appreciates the qualities that others overlook.

As the days pass, the initial shock and disapproval from our classmates begin to fade. They witness the genuine love and care we have for each other, and slowly, their judgment turns into admiration. They see that our relationship is not based on popularity or social status, but on a deep emotional connection.

Shizuka's unwavering defence of me becomes a symbol of our love, inspiring others to embrace their own relationships, regardless of societal expectations. The once judgmental stares are replaced with smiles and nods of approval. We become a beacon of hope for those who have ever felt judged or underestimated.

Walking hand in hand, we navigate the halls of the school, no longer alone in our journey. Our love story becomes a testament to the power of acceptance and the beauty of finding love in unexpected places. And as we face the challenges and triumphs of high school together, we know that our bond will only grow stronger, defying the odds and proving that love knows no boundaries.