Chapter 3: Mage

[Mage Amiantus- Strength in the heart]

Kana was a childhood friend of Mages' before he went up to the human world, she didn't like that he had been gone for so long, the longer he was up there the longer she felt he'd get too caught up in things. So she took it into her own hands to get him back to where he belonged; she enrolled into the school that he was in and since he was on the student council, he was appointed to take her around the school.

She had changed herself from the last time they had seen one another her once long hair was cut short before she had came to the school, but she still had her purple eyes and hair. She kept quiet until they were far enough from humans. "I see you've made yourself home here...Mage Amiantus.. Or is it Mage Nanashiro now?" She said coldly

"How do you know tha-...wait Kana?!" Mage said as he took a better look at her

"Tch, now you notice. I don't understand why you are even up here for." She said with a sigh.

"I've been appointed to help out Rem Arlond. I can't get out of it either."

She was quiet as they walked through the school before she stopped when they got to the door. "I may not know who this Rem guy is but I'll do anything to get you home."

"Its not that easy but I'll introduce you to him later." He said as he went into the classroom with her.

For the rest of the day Mage couldn't stop looking at Kana, he knew something was up with her, he just didn't know what. He saw that after class she went to one of the gym teachers about something. He soon found out that she was joining track and field. Most of the people were unsure about her joining and thought she'd just slow them down.

"Oi she's better than any one of you." Mage said with his arms crossed

They looked to him surprised. "Mage?"

"She's one of the fastest women I've ever known to live." Mage said seriously

The captain of the team challenged her and Mage placed his hands up in defeat. Kana grinned as she looked to the captain. "You're on, you're going to regret your challenge four eyes."

They went to the starting point and the couch told them when to go before they both set off. Instantly Kana bolted off and she was twice as fast as the captain. Mage grinned as he saw her leaving him in the dust. By the time she got to the end the captain was only have way through the coarse. The team looked to her in shock.

"Wow, you're one fast chick." One of the males said.

"Mage did warn you all about me. So about about it couch can I join?" Kana asked

"Of course, we could use another talented person like you on our team. " The coach said before they went through a drill with teams of two Mage teamed up with her and she went to the starting line and she saw that mage went to the half way point before the were set off on their own.

After the practice and showering Kana was going to walk home but felt herself being picked up by mage which made her laugh. "Hey you, what's up with you pickin' me up?!" Kana said with a grin

"I told you we'd see Rem so that's what we're going to do." He said before he made them be in the third library. She was set down and she looked around.

"Wow, this is a pretty big place Mage." She said before she looked to him

"It is, Oi Rem you here?" Mage yelled

"There's no need for you to yell I'm up here." Rem said from the second floor of the library.

"I want you to meet my friend Kana, she's a harpy chick." Mage said with a grin