Chapter 6: Roen

[Roen- New master; new life]

Roen in his dog form walks down the streets of Japan looking around for someone to take him in. Everyone who passes by him doesn't even look at him let alone recognizes him. So he waits in an ally way giving the cutest puppy look that he could give to strangers just so he could get out of the cold of the incoming winter. But no one even sends him a glance and at first snow fall he shivers in the ally way cold from the lack of warmth that he had. He closed his eyes and he tried not to think too much about what he had gotten himself into.

During the night he found himself being picked up, so he opened his eyes only to meet the eyes of a purple eyed female with short pink hair. She looked to him sadly as she dusted him of softly from the snow. "Poor thing. Do you have an owner?"

He whimpered sadly as he brushed his head up against her hand. She frowned even more before she gave him a small smile. "I was going to head to the pet shop to get a pet but you work just as well." She said as she placed him within her coat sharing her warmth with him.

He cuddled against her, thankful that she had such a warm heart to allow him to be so close to her. When she had gotten home she showed him to a female who had Raven hair and red eyes. "Ma I got myself a doggie see!"

"As long as you take care of it I don't care if you have it in the house." Her mother said waving her off

She thanked her mother before she took him around the house before he was taken to the basement. "And this is my room, its not much and it does get a bit cold down here. But its what I have to deal with." She said as she placed him on her twin bed.

He looked up to her sadly and as she sat beside him he brushed his head against her arm. She giggled a little as she smiled at him. "You want my attention don't you?"

He went on to her lap and barked. He wanted her to stop being so cheerful when he could tell in her eyes that she was sadden by where she was. Why did she deal with the things she did? Why was it only her that lived in such a cold space away from the others in her family? She looked at the time and she took her shoes off before she got the covers partly down from the bed.

"Did you want to cuddle or are you going to sleep on the floor?"

Roen instantly went beside her on her bed near her pillows as he allowed her to cuddle with him. He was really cold and he didn't want to be cold anymore. He looked to her only to see her frown.

"Pup...I'm going to talk to you for a bit till I sleep...kay?"

He brushed his head against her face to let her know he was listening to her.

"My parents hate me, I'm a lot different than my siblings. I get treated differently and I never ever do things they do. Tonight will mark the fifth year that I have not eaten a meal with my siblings...its also the night of my 16th birthday. Its why I went out to get a pet, cause I was told that once I was 16 I was able to get a pet...but no one even realized it was my birthday all day." The female said as she teared up before she broke down crying. "No one said "Happy birthday Rana" to me and that's what really hurts. I'm used to not getting anything for my Birthday...but the fact that they just straight up didn't recognize the day...that's what really hurts me."

He whimpered a bit as he kissed her face. She gave him a sad smile before she kissed the top of his head. "Its alright pup...I'm used to it...I should be anyways. Lets just sleep...kay?"

He closed his eyes as he snuggled close to the warmth of the female as she hugged him as she curled up close to the puppy. She cried herself to sleep with him in her arms. "I hate my life, I wish I wasn't such a freak." She sobbed out sadly