Misfortune

Fatima's POV
Fatima: I know we have our differences.But I have a child on the way,who is also going to be your son's sibling.We both share a husband and since I have chosen to stay because of my child,I would like us to maintain peace.

Amina: offcourse.
Fatima: this is very hard for me, standing in front of the woman my husband secretly married behind my back.but it's for my child.
Amina: offcourse

Fatima:see you later {she gave me that fake smile again but this time,her eyes turned darker.I had a bad feeling about her)

Jalil: Fatima,I bought some baby clothes!
Fatima: coming!
(I went to the hall)

Amina's POV
I was fuming with anger, Fatima and jalil were getting along,so much that she wanted to make peace with me.

Jalil barely glanced my way ever since he got reunited with her.I was completely forgotten.

He even brought our son to Fatima.I hated her around my son.He was my son.First my husband and now my son.

I was going to teach her a big lesson .

Fatima's POV
I woke up late at night to get water,I was about to descend the stairs when someone pushed me hard .

I fell hard , Rolling off into the darkness.I woke up in the hospital with both my family and jalil's family.

Fatima: what happened?(mom came to sit on the bed beside me)
Asmau:dear,umm,you lost the baby (my heart sank) but it's okay,you can have another one,you have proven not to be infertile, and you have reunited with your husband,we couldn't be prouder of you.

Razak: Allah works in mysterious ways dear,am sure you are going to have another child soon.
Rakia: excuse me but it took her 8years to conceive who knows how long she is going to get pregnant again.

Malik: don't worry about that,Amina is here.Let Fatima try all she wants.
Fatima: get out(I said coldly)
Malik: what did you say?
Fatima:all of you get out!I don't want to talk to anyone.

Rakia:jalil, your wife is sacking us.
Jalil:you heard her perfectly well, let's go.
Fatima:you too,mom and dad.
(They all left, leaving me alone to drown myself in sorrow)

I lost my baby,a baby I hated and the baby I grew to love.Tears came down my face at the thought of this being my only chance at motherhood .

I lost my baby,I couldn't help but sob.I stayed cooped up in the hospital room for hours.

Jalil came in with food.
Jalil: I know you wanted to be alone but I brought you..(I hugged him.he placed the food down and hugged me as I cried onto his shoulder)

Jalil: it's going to be okay (I could hear the sadness in his voice,he lost his baby too.He managed to make me eat Abit,but all I wanted to do was sleep my pain away)
I fell asleep.I woke up with him still sitting beside my bed .I had already come up with a decision.

Fatima: I think it's better we part ways.