Chaotic Good

Deku was quiet as he sat by the door, he had known he wouldn't be able to sleep that night, so he figured he would keep watch over his son. He was worried about his family, but that was one thing that hadn't gone away since he found out Ochaco was pregnant with Kaz, a familiar anxiety. He saw someone moving and stood up a bit straighter. He smiled weakly when he saw his wife.

"Can't sleep?"

"No." She said simply, looking at her husband and sighing, Deku nodded

"I'm sorry Mochi. You want me to brew you some tea?"
Ochaco shook her head, yawning as she leaned against him.

"I don't want to sleep without you."

Deku smiled at her softly, slipping his arms around her and kissing between her eyes. She smelled like strawberries, he rubbed her back gently, kissing her softly. He wanted to ask her if she thought he was a good father, but he didn't want to pout right now. He just held her, rubbing her back with a yawn.

"I love you." Ochaco slurred drowsily, Deku smiled softly

"I love you too Ocha." he sighed, kissing her softly as he closed his eyes, humming softly as they held each other. Deku sighed, she had put him at ease, and now he wasn't sure if he would be able to stay awake, it had been five years since he was a pro hero, he wasn't as good at this stuff as he once had been. He heard something move and stood at attention, looking forward and frowning when he saw Kaide's fire ombre hair.

"Hey sweetheart, did your father call you?"

Kaide shook her head "No. Uh I mean yeah, papa called to confirm I was here, and then dad called to check in too. But I was just coming to grab some water."

Deku nodded his head "Alright, well help yourself. Was Kaz asleep in the fort when you woke up?"

"No." She replied, "I assumed he went to sleep in his bed because he was overheating or something, Pup does tend to smother us."

Deku nodded, hoping she was right, he had people at every exit, surely Kaz couldn't get out.

***
Toshinori sighed as he saw Kaz trying to sneak out of his window, he wasn't going to fight him, he honestly thought that if Kaz wanted to go out this bad, maybe he should just accompany him, he knew that Deku would be pissed, but he also thought that Deku was being a bit of a hypocrite.

"If you're going, at least let me follow you, I'll be your backup for if things get hairy."

Kaz hesitated, he didn't want it, but he knew that if he wanted to go, he would have to play ball.

"You sure? Dad won't be happy."

"Your dad will get over it."

Kaz shrugged "Okay. let's go." He climbed out the window, slipping his backpack on as he ran towards the city. Toshinori caught up, following him

"What is the plan?"

"Honestly? I might just stand on rooftops. A lot of nights are uneventful. I like the solitude."

Toshinori nodded "Okay."

Kaz sighed, putting his hood over his hair, he couldn't look like his father walking through these crowded streets.

"Is that why you tried to convince your mom to let you dye your hair?"

Kaz nodded "Looking like him complicates things, puts more of a target on my back." He shrugged, "It didn't have anything to do with not caring for him." Kaz went to the tallest building, tipping the doorman.