Where The Sidewalk Ends

Deku was quiet as he sat on the counter, staring at his coffee and trying not to think about what Katsuki was going to be doing with his son that day. He had told Kaz he could try to get into the hero program at UA if he could pass the entrance exam, he knew that Kaz would get in, and Kaz would become a prohero. His son's adorable little face would be marred by scars, and the smile that had once lit up a room would get dimmer and dimmer. He was losing his son. The second Kacchan stepped through that damn door he would be losing his son. Kaide came to the kitchen, sitting on the other counter

"Is Mrs Midoriya asleep?"

"she's with Himiko, they went for a walk around the block."
"Huh." Kaide was surprised Deku let his girls go for a walk without him. She smiled at him

"Tea?" Deku asked softly

"It's weird dad hasn't come to get me yet. It's six.."
"Your dads asked if I could keep you a little later, said they had to discuss something."

"Did they say what about?"

"Probably the request I made last night. I uh.. asked Kacchan if he would train Kaz to take the UA entrance exam.. y-you know for the hero program."

Kaide frowned "Mr. Midoriya.. Are you-"

"I'm sure." He sighed "I know I can't stop him. He's going to get himself killed, so I might as well start giving him the tools to survive."

Kaide frowned "O-okay but-"
Deku shrugged "No but about it. He won't listen to me. I'm not going to risk his resentment for me getting any worse. He wins. It's happening."

"I'm sorry."

Deku shrugged his shoulders "Tea?"

She nodded "Cinnamon stick?"

Deku nodded getting up and brewing some for her, making some strawberry tea for Ochaco. He sighed, looking at Kaide with a weak smile.
"What about you? Are you ready for the exam? I'm sure you are." He laughed "you're Kacchan's kid. You're going to wipe the floor with everyone."
Kaide sighed, shaking her head "I'm not sure. I hope I'm ready."

"I'm sure you are. Kacchan wouldn't send you in there if he thought you would get hurt."

She huffed "I guess. But we don't know what's going to be in there."

Deku nodded "True. I'm sure it will be okay.. I wonder if Kei Todoroki is still going to try out this year.. Poor thing."

"Have you heard anything about Fuyumi?"

"She's doing better apparently, they let everyone in to see her.. She's unresponsive, but expected to make a full recovery."
Kaide nodded "that's good. I feel bad, I just.. it sucks that there is nothing I can do."

"Story of my life." Deku sighed, staring up at the ceiling as he made her tea and handed it to her.

"Thanks." Kaide took the tea and went to sit at the table with it. Deku sighed when he heard Katsuki come from his front door.

"Where the fuck are you Deku?"
Deku huffed, going to greet him, thank god Himiko wasn't a baby anymore. His entrances always woke everyone in the house.

"Hi Kacchan."
"Don't act all pissy. You don't have a baby anymore."

Deku rolled his eyes "Just come inside."

Katsuki sighed, sitting at the table next to his daughter "I'll train your kid but I've gotta say I'm not sure if I agree with it."
"Agree with what Kacchan?"

"You just giving in to the brat after he disobeyed you at every damn turn!"

"What should I do Kacchan? Should I just let him keep sneaking out at night without training? Let him-"
"Shouldn't let him do shit. Run a tighter ship. He doesn't get any leash anymore. You hold the bitch by the collar." Katsuki was pissed Kaz did this to Deku and he was even more angry that Deku was just caving and giving him what he wanted.