Chapter 1

Sophie's POV

"Sophia! Sophia, wake up!" Anne yelled, "It's adoption day!"

"Ugh," I groaned and got up, "I never get adopted anyway. Also, don't call me Sophia!"

So many people had been adopted when I came here. Anne was my best friend and only friend. A nice couple wanted to adopt her today.

"I can't believe I'm leaving here after years. I can't believe I'm leaving my only friend here," Anne said, ignoring the fact that I told her to stop calling me by my real name.

"Yeah. I won't get adopted anyway so 'll be left alone," I sighed sadly, biting my lip and looking around the room.

"You have to get adopted someday," Anne said, pushing me off the bed. I slowly rubbed my eyes with my fists, getting shoved be Anne into the bathroom to brush my teeth and change, "Might as well be today!"

How can Anne possibly be so optimistic! I never get adopted.

Anne's POV

"You have to get adopted someday," I said, pushing Sophie off the bed and shoving her into the bathroom. "Might as well be today!"

I always tried to be optimistic for Sophie but she has seen all our friends get adopted. Now she has to see me go too.

"Hey, look at the bright side," I whispered to her on the other side of the door.

"What bright side!" She yelled across the other side.

"Umm.. well... u know... uhh... you can make friends with tons of new people!" I said.

That wasn't good at all! Make friends! Ya suure that's a reason to not have a family! I can be so stupid!

"Thanks but that wasn't a good..." Sophie was interrupted by Ms. Gilnan.

"GET DOWN HERE AND GET IN LINE! PARENTS ARE COMING YOU TWO!" yelled Ms. Gilnan from the outside of the almost empty girls room.

"Yes Ms. Gilnan," we sighed in unison.

Sophie's POV

I decide not to change into anything good, 'cause it's not like I was gonna get adopted.

When Anne and I got downstairs all the boys were already in line. I have to stand next to Derek *Gag* and Anne stands next to me.

"Looks like your gonna be the last girl"

"Buzz off Derek," I said.

"She'll get adopted quicker than you," Anne said.

"Yeah, but she's always returned in a fesw days," Derek said.

"Shut up!" I whisper-yelled.

The cars started coming down the lane. Parents came out and saw us. Some people talked to me. Nobody was allowed to talk to Anne because she was 'reserved' for adoption. It's like we are some kind of toys and it honestly bothered me very much.

A ton of parents were looking for a girl and I was the only one. They obviously didn't like me, considering they drove away.

"SOPHIE COME HERE PLEASE DARLING!" yelled Ms. Gilnan.

Darling? There must be a parent with her if she's being that nice.

This has happened before. A parent adopts me and then returns me in a few days. Whatever.

"Coming!" I yelled to her. I walked down a corridor to see Ms. Gilnan.

"Well this woman isn't sure if she wants to adopt you and she will not give me her full name yet. We want you out of here okay!"

"Okay," I whispered. So many questions ran through my head. Why didn't they give a name? Was this person going to hurt me? We're they going to kill me?
Ms. Gilnan left the room, leaving me alone to eventually be faced with the potential adopter and returner.

I sang to myself one of my favorite songs from my favorite artist, Ariana Grande.

'I was a liar

I gave in to the fire

I know I should have fought it

At least im bein' honest'

I skipped alot and went to the chorus.

'So one last time I need to be the one

who takes you home'

Why do I feel like someone is here

'So one more time,

Who's singing with me?

I promise after that

This person sings really well!

I'll take you home'

"Wow, your an amazing singer," she said. She was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses.

"Are you here to adopt me and return me?" I asked.

"I'd like to hear you sing and I don't plan on returning you," she laughed.

Umm why does she care if I can sing?

"Umm... so do I sing?"

"Yes please," she said.

"What do I sing then?"

"Emotions by Mariah Carey?" she suggested.

"Umm..." I said hesitantly.

"Here I will sing it with you"

'You've got me feeling emotions' I started.

'deeper that I've ever dreamed of' she continued.

'Oh you've got me feeling emotions' I kept going, getting more into it.

'Higher than the heavans above'

She's a really good singer

Dang here comes the high note

'oh ooh oh ooh oh ooh ooh oh oh oh'

I hit the high note perfectly, thankfully. I could just imagine my voice cracking or shit and making a fool of myself.

"Wow!" she exclaimed.

Ms. Gilnan walked in. "Are you going to adopt her?"

"Definetly," she nodded.

"Ms. I will need your name for you to sign the papers," stated Ms. Gilnan.

"Of course," she said. She took off her glasses and started to remind me of someone. Then she took of her hood. "My name is..."

CLIFFHANGER! (You probably already know who it is anyway)

Also thank you so much to the ppl that took the time to read this story it means a lot trust me I am so grateful! :)

UPDATE:  "My name is...
JOHN CENA"