XII

The weekend had gone by very fast after Saturday night's dinner. When I woke up the day after, I spent the day at Valentina's and went back to my place after lunch. We didn't talk much about Mary-Kate. Even if Valentina tried to bring the subject to the table, I'd wave it off every time.

Now it was Monday morning, which meant it was the start of a new week at The Row. We've been particularly busy these days, with the vacations coming at the end of the week and fashion weeks arriving about a month later. We were in the middle of putting together the new collection. We all had to put all our efforts into our work, which was tiring, but it would all be worth it in the end.

I walked into the café to grab Mary-Kate and Ashley's coffee as usual. Florence was there, making coffee cups. I walked toward her and smiled as she noticed me. I didn't even need to order anymore, the two cups would be ready for me the moment I entered. I know Maey-Kate had told me the other day to get a cup for myself, but I wasn't sure if it were a one-time thing or if she actually meant for me to buy myself a coffee with her card. I doubted this.

"Are they letting you have vacations?" Florence asked as she handed me the cups.

I chuckled lightly. "You make it sound like they're holding me prisoner or something."

Her eyes widened and she threw her hands in her hair, shrugging and letting out a small laugh. "Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not exactly known for their kindness. At least, that's what I've heard from other interns. That's why I assumed that maybe letting you have a week off for Christmas wasn't on their agenda."

I shook my head, puzzled. "Who's been feeding you all this negativity about them?"

"Emily, I think that's her name. You know, the one with auburn hair?" Florence said. I nodded, then, she continued. "Well, she comes here every day to get the twins' coffees in the afternoon."

I frowned. I didn't know Mary-Kate and Ashley were getting coffee from this café in the afternoon too, and why would they ask Emily to do it.

Florence chuckled. "You're not exactly her biggest fan, am I right?"

I sighed, "It's not that I dislike Emil, it's just that-"

"She talks too much?" Florence finished for me.

I nodded. "Yes, something like that. And she seems to have it out for them. They're not as bad as she makes them out to be."

Florence raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Or perhaps, they're not as bad to you as they are to everyone else."

Confused, I furrowed my brow.

"I mean, come on Ana. One of them even swung by here before work to make sure you got coffee, paid for with her own credit card!"

My jaw dropped. "Wait, you knew the extra coffee was for me? But when I asked you for who it was, you said you had no idea?"

Florence smiled playfully. "She asked me not to tell you, for some reason. Look, even if Emily keeps talking shit about them, it's not the first time I'm hearing these kinds of things about them, especially about Mary-Kate. It's like they have a soft spot just for you."

I couldn't help but blush at her words, a mix of delight and guilt washing over me. "I don't know about that. Maybe I just know how to handle them."

Florence grinned knowingly. "Sure, that must be it. Or maybe it's because you secretly enjoy their tough love."

I laughed, shaking my head. "You're crazy, you know that?"

Florence smiled.

"And you're reading too much into it Flo," I said.