Chapter 23: The Mime

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Sunday, October 11th, 2015, third person POV...)

Above the streets of Paris, Ladybug is flying to her balcony.

She reaches her balcony, drops into her bedroom, and detransforms before feeding Tikki three Dark Chocolate Oreo cookies.

Marinette says, "Take your time, Tikki, and don't go crazy with the dark chocolate filling; we've only got up to half an hour before Fred gets Akumatized and I don't want what happened on Three Kings' Day the last time around or eight hundred years ago when chocolate was first invented to happen a third time."

Tikki replies after swallowing her first bite of the cookie, "Got it, and by the way, this is a delicious cookie!"

Marinette replies, "Glad you love Dark Chocolate Oreo cookies; they're very wonderful as they're like the regular Chocolate Oreos, except that the regular chocolate ones have more crumbly and powdery filling."

Tikki's eyes widened in disbelief before going to eat the rest of the first cookie while savoring every bite.

Tikki then says again, "What you did for Alya today was very amazing the second time around, Marinette!"

Marinette replies, "And I'd do it again if it meant getting to see the look on Alya's face a third time."

Tikki giggles a bit at that, even though she knew Marinette was being serious.

Marinette then says, "All the same, that was indeed a very close shave a second time around. I would've loved to do more the second time around, but, business before pleasure."

Sabine calls out from downstairs, "Marinette! Alya's here!"

Alya replies, "Don't worry, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, I'll just head upstairs."

Marinette remarks, "She didn't exactly wait very long to ask me any more questions."

Alya comes up and asks, "Girl, why did you bail out on me?"

Marinette answers, "Because, I have to conserve our interview for later since today, Fred Haprele will end up Akumatized by Hawk Moth into The Mime, BUT whatever you do, keep it on a tight lip; chances are that if Fred finds out about it and if Hawk Moth somehow manages to read Fred's mind while he's Akumatized as The Mime, he might catch on to our shared foreknowledge."

Alya nods, and she and Marinette get to seeing the latest video Alya posted.

In the video, Ladybug lands on the ground with a child in her arms.

Ladybug gives the boy in question to his mother, and several reporters say overlapping each other while gently pushing microphones into her face, "Ladybug, can I? Just a moment – " "Can I get a quick interview?" "Please, Ladybug, can I ask you a few questions?" and so forth.