Chapter 93: Anansi

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Sunday, May 22nd, 2016, third person POV...)

In the Cesaire apartment's living room, Alya and Nino are dancing in synchronization with a dance battle video game on the TV.

Marinette is watching all the while from behind them, next to her phone with Adrien on video call.

Marinette remarks, "They're in perfect harmony with each other."

Adrien replies, "You got that right, Marinette. Someday, I hope that everyone aside from us can find someone to share everything with, like they do and like we do. But even with that, until my father starts letting me go out more often, that ain't gonna be happening any time soon."

Marinette then asks, "And is there any particular reason why he's keeping you at home? I mean, if any parent refuses to let their children do anything, it's gotta be for a logical reason that makes sense to even a child with ADHD."

Adrien answers, "The only reason I can think of is how overprotective he really is. One day, whether he likes it or not, he'll realize that I'm not a child anymore, but we'd have to see him in court after Heroes' Day for that."

Marinette chuckles morbidly.

Nino then says, "Big finish! Here we go now."

Marinette says as she points her phone to Nino and Alya, "Ooh, you better not miss this."

Nino does a dance and starts posing on one leg, and he says, "Yeah!"

Marinette and Alya start laughing.

Nora Cesaire enters the apartment.

Nora remarks, "Aw, shoot. Did I miss the ballet?"

Marinette snorts at this.

Alya remarks, "Nora, is your match over already?"

Nora puts down her bag and answers pridefully before saying, "First round, total knock out. (While punching the air:) Huh-huh-huh. (Normal) As usual. (Whispering to Alya) And I've told you a hundred times not to call me Nora in front of people, little sis. (Normally) The name's Anansi, like the spider."

Marinette asks, "Like the spider from African folklore?"

Nora replies, "Yes, exactly."

Alya remarks, "Sure, I'll call you Anansi when you stop calling me little sis."

Nora then asks twice, "Anyway, what are you all still doing here this late? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

Marinette replies, "Actually, it's still noon; I checked."