Chapter 36: The Gamer

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Wednesday, January 6th, 2016, third person POV...)

In the Dupain-Cheng kitchen, Marinette uses two napkins to clean her hands and to wipe her mouth of vegetable, beef, cheese, and bread crumbs, as she ate a cooked vegetable salad and a roast beef and chopped cheese sandwich for lunch, as she detests pork due to having grown up in a religious family in both of her lives. And she also had a cooked vegetable salad as she only ate one half of a roast beef and chopped cheese sandwich to avoid gaining weight and to avoid getting the itis before she researches her term paper with Alya.

As Marinette goes to wash the dishes, her mother Sabine then comes up and says, "Go on back to school, Marinette; I'll handle the dishes. And please take care to avoid the possibility of Max getting Akumatized into The Gamer."

Marinette nods and she takes Tikki with her after she finishes her own lunch of cooked vegetables, boneless and skinless grilled chicken, and two grilled roast beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato sliders in a homemade version of Arby's style sliders in the United States.

Marinette takes her time so as to let her lunch digest.

On the way, Marinette telepathically says to Tikki, "Remember to use telepathy at all times to communicate with me out in the open on the streets of Paris if you're not using your human form and/or in the hallways and classrooms and other rooms of the school if you're hidden in my purse, Tikki, for while kwamis can't be perceived by any form of technology not of magical origin or infused with magic in their normal forms, they can still be seen and heard by passersby and basically anyone who either doesn't know my identity, or who isn't part of the Miraculous Corps, or who is a total stranger, especially if kwamis choose not to use their human forms to communicate with their owners, and therefore people will start to get suspicious."

Tikki telepathically replies, "I'll try, Marinette, but no promises. You know old habits die hard."

Marinette telepathically replies half-jokingly and half-seriously as she enters Collège Françoise Dupont, "Not if the celestial beings of our multiverse have anything to say about it."

Tikki telepathically laughs at that, knowing how true it was based on her own experiences with godlike beings in her real life and in her dreams, most of them good, and others not so good.

Suddenly, Marinette and Tikki both hear something coming from the library.

Tikki asks telepathically, "Is that the class watching Adrien and Max qualify themselves for the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III video game tournament that Mr. Damocles accidentally pushed onto Chloe to arrange for the school at the last minute?"

Marinette answers with a growl, "Ugh, yes. And I say this to whoever is listening aside from you, if any other teacher in this school ever pulls a stunt like this again, even aside from the obvious about anyone other than the Alternate Ms. Bustier and Alternate Mr. Damocles being better teachers, they're going to get a big ear and mouthful from the school board, big time."

Marinette heads to the library.

In the library, students are watching Max and Adrien playing Ultimate Mecha Strike III on the giant screen TV connected to the CCTV cameras and connected to the local TV stations for anything.