𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘

Valentina

I wake up to my phone ringing on Sienna's spare bedroom's nightstand. Groaning, I reach over tiredly and grab it, looking at the annoying bright screen.

3:56

Incoming call from Mika

Frowning, I hit the accept button and put the phone to my ear, "Mika, it's 3:56 in the morning. Why are you still awake?"

All I can hear on the other side is a string of pants and whimpers. The sound instantly makes me sit up in bed, "Hey, sweetheart. Are you okay?"

"V-Valentina?"

"Yes, darling it's me. I'm right here. What's going on?"

"I-I...Something...I'm sorry I need you."

Her breathing becomes more broken and ragged. I jumped out of of bed not caring what Sienna thinks or what I look like right now.

"I'm on my way. You stay on the line with me, okay?"

By the sounds of Mika's  hyperventilating I can only gather that it's a panic attack. Meaning I have to drive like a fucking maniac.

"M-My illness, I can't handle this, I can't..." She trail off and I get into my car, pulling out of the driveway as fast as I can. I can feel the tears threatening to fall, the more she speaks with the amount of pain in the her voice she have.

"Mika, baby, listen to me. You are okay, I need you to do the exercise now okay? Can you do that? Tell me five things you can see right now."

Mika breaks into a painful sob, but she sucks in a deep breath, "I um, lipstick."

Wait she's in my room?

"Good, keep going baby, I'm on my way."

Sniffles.

Then a shaky sob.

"Sweetheart, I need you to focus for me, please? four more things you can see come on you can do it."

I grip the steering wheel as I push 90 in the 50 mph zone, weaving through traffic as best as I can my heart is hammering in my chest, back to what she said about her condition. What does that mean?

Worst case scenario in my head is that they're seriously ill.

"O-Okay. Um...A pair of black heels, next to the dresser, the TV." She trail off and take a deep shaky breath. But I just nod along, staring at the road while I wait.

"I see my feet and um, I see the bathroom door."

One breath. Good.

"Good. Now four things you can touch, Mika."

I can almost picture her shaking her head, her sobs echo in my ears.

"I can't Valentina, I-I can't do this, I'm sorry for lying."

What.

No.

No.

No.