PART 3-WHO?

PARTNERS IN CRIME•

Monday 9:30 pm, end of shift.

 "That was a good shift, thanks for the help Sir." I say, I see Lucy and run to her. "Hey, I just want to say that I'm really sorry for slapping you." She smiles.

"Did Tim tell you to say that?" She whispers. I nod and she laughs. "I didn't care I'm slapped everyday by criminals. omg! I didn't mean to call you old!" She covers her mouth and giggles a little.

"It's fine, It's what I deserve after slapping you." We start talking about work and we end up going to the bar. At the time I didn't know her past and she didn't know mine. I should've not been friends with her because of our past colliding but me and her didn't know at the time.

We're having a drink or two and we see some of the other people from LAPD come in while we're laughing, they all turn to us, which makes us stop laughing and become serious. I don't really show my calm/funny side because I tend to keep to myself. I don't show weaknesses unless I feel safe with someone and typically it's only like 5 people a year then I get rid of it. No face no case, but that's going to change this year. I'm going to try to be more outgoing and get real friends maybe even a relationship but I don't know if I'm really ready for that yet. I would need to find the right person.

The T.O's start to come up to us, the rookies doing the same. I start to get nervous because I can't have them see me with people. (Them is referring to the people from her past btw)

I start to gather my stuff and some money, paying for both me and Lucy's drinks. Lucy starts talking, "Where are you going Charlotte," She stops mid sentence, "I thought everything was going good?" I don't look back and just walk past everyone. I shouldn't had even went to get drinks in the first place with Lucy. I'm so stupid.

Lucy's POV

I sit there wondering what I did wrong, with my mouth ajar from how she could just get up and leave. I thought everything was going good. I've seen this once before but it was different, she wasn't in the police force and even if she had tried they wouldn't had let her on because of her past.

Tim and everyone else sits down, wondering what just happened. The bar didn't care, I guess this happens a lot but it didn't for me. I wanted to call out to her, for her to come back but she was out the door and I didn't even get up to stop her. I sigh, work is going to be awkward tomorrow.

"What happened there?" Tim says, still looking back.

"I don't know," I turn from where I was to face Tim, seeing he was ordering a round for us. "When you came in did she seem weird or anything like I don't think I anything to make her uncomfortable to the point she would storm out and not even look back? Like she paid for me and her so she can't be that mad..right?" He gives me a drink and cheers it.

"Stop overthinking she probably just wanted to go home." Tim says, which makes me feel better. "Yeah I guess." I take a drink and he makes a new conversation, mostly about work but someone sits right next to me and starts talking to the bartender.

"A drink for her." He whispers pointing to me. I turn suspecting to see another girl but turns out he was pointing to me. "Oh! thank you," I laugh. "But you didn't need to do that."

"What's your name?" he asks. "Oh my name is Lucy!" I responded quickly, "What's yours?" I laugh and look at Tim, he seems amused but clearly in a bad way.

"My name is Caleb."