PART 5-THIS IS RATHER DYER

"Hey Celina!" I say, forgetting yesterday. I smile and wait for the response she looks worried, like she was looking for something and that's how I got reminded about yesterday I go to wave but then start smiling, trying to get on her good side and scratching my forehead.

"Charlotte! Do you know how worried I was when you walked out like that I thought something was happening to you or something!" She looks mad but relieved at the same time, "You better be glad you came to work today because no one can get a hold of you, you just disappeared, and I was just about to report you as missing!" She yells while taking a huge breath and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry Celina." I say hugging back, "I'll never do that again, I promise."  She sighs and stops hugging me. "Good." She says smiling now "Lets go to work because we're going to be late and a blue page." She laughs.

"Are you bipolar!?" I laughed, joking around. She pulls me to the meeting room. we sit down at the front with Thorson as everyone is gathering around getting into their seats including the T.O's and Lucy. I sit there trying to avoid eye contact with any of them. As Gray walks in with some new guy that I'be never seen before.

"At 0500 this morning guards at Central California Women's Facility prepared prisoner 081316 for transport." Grey says, making my eyes large in shock. I try to keep it to myself but it's hard.

"Rosalind Dyer, the most rare of unicorns, a female serial killer. For the last five years, she's been on death row, confined to an 11-by-8 cell. Today, she's coming to us. Now, before I get to assignment details, I want to defer to Assistant District Attorney Del Monte for background on Ms. Dyer." He stops to take a large breath, "Sean?" Gray steps down and Attorney Del Monte steps up.

"Good morning, everyone." He quickly says, wanting to get to the point. "Good morning." Everyone says back. "My name is Sean Del Monte. For those of you who are not familiar with this case, in 2015 Rosalind Dyer was convicted in the torture and mutilation killings of seven individuals." He stops to look at Armstrong.

"But there's evidence that the body count us much higher." Armstrong looks at all of us with a serious face making everyone listen with all ear. He stops talking and looks back at Sean.

"In three of those seven murders, the bodies were never recovered, so now Dyer has agreed to us show the location of those three victims-" John Nolan cuts him off. "Excuse me, sir. In exchange for what?" He says, making Sean answer. "Well, her sentence will be commuted from death to life without parole." Sean looks around looking for reactions. Tim talks making me roll my eyes, but no one notices.

"Why the hell are we cutting her that break?" Sean takes a deep breath  and starts talking again, starting to get annoyed with all the questions. "Well, it's not for her. it's for the families of those victims. they've been waiting a long time for closure." He shakes his head up in down showing that he should feel bad for asking that question.

Armstrong starts talking again, having a question of his own, "Yeah, what about the other families? The ones that we promised the death penalty? What do we tell them? 'Cause they're calling me." Armstrong starts to raise his voice, showing him being angry. "Just tell them it's above your pay grade, Detective." Sean says, might I add in a heartless and careless tone. 

This is the first time I've met him and I already hate him. Now Lopez is getting involved, "Why does she have to come here? Can't see just tell you where the bodies are?" Everyone here is clearly annoyed.

"She claims not to know their precise locations." Del Monte continues, "Griffith Park is over 4,000 acres. Dyer says the only way she'll be able to identify the dig sites is by retracing her original footsteps." Armstrong looks annoyed and he rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

"Sounds like an excuse to get out in the sun, relive her kills." Harper says, unsure but sure at the same time. "Maybe, but she knows if she doesn't lead us to all three bodies that the deal is off, so..." Sean stops, unsure as he looks to Gray for help of the questing to stop. 

"Okay, let's get down to it. First, the station needs to be locked down for her arrival. Processing is officially closed for business. all suspects in our holding cells will be shipped to the Twin Towers." He stops. everyone gets up and starts locking down the station.

John looks baffled at the information. "This is so surreal. An honest-to-God serial killer?." then Lucy starts talking "The psychology is pretty fascinating--well, biology, really. Brain-scan research shows clear differences in the amygdala and the supramarginal gyrus of a signature killer." She raises her eye brows while I'm handcuffing someone.

"English?" I say laughing "You're smart for a police officer." John and Lucy look fake offended. "What! It's true!" I laugh. She laughs, "They lack the ability to feel empathy- There's also data the suggests some psychopaths could have a decreased sense of smell." John looks confused. "Meaning they can deal with dead bodies easier. Yeah, I'm done. They universe has a weird sense of humor and i'm glad to not know about it."

We stop talking about it and start a new topic. "Hey, what did you get arrested for?" I ask expecting a different answer like theft or something but instead I get, "I stole my neighbors sex doll." I roll my eyes. "Said with no shame at all." I give him a puzzled look. "A man has needs." Still not a bit of shame.

Lucy interrupts the conversion, "Right...At least it's better than Rosalind." I give her a questionable look and we both laugh but that's when Grey comes in and says she's almost here. We stop talking and hurry up, taking it seriously now.

(The next chapter and going to be more different from the real episode)