𝟎𝟔

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 EVELYN'S POV ; 」

It’s been a week since Elvis told me everything.

That he and I were past lovers.

That he was my husband.

Ever since that night, I hadn’t left his room. He respected my boundaries and gave me space whenever I needed it, while I’d been ignoring phone calls from Ruby and Eli the entire time.

I was sure they hadn’t told my father yet. Knowing him, he would probably show his rotten face as soon as he knew what was going on and there hasn’t been any news from him yet.

I never wanted to talk to or face any of them ever again, but I knew that was nothing but wishful thinking. I still had a lot of unanswered questions consuming my every thought, ones that I needed to speak to my father to if I wanted the answers to them.

But for now, I wasn’t ready for that yet.

Elvis was starting to seem like the only person I could trust and when he told me that he wasn’t behind the murders that had been happening in and around the hotel, I believed him. It made sense – with so many eyes on him at all times, he wasn’t going to commit meaningless murders and leave a mess behind.
I knew that vampires had certain cravings and I was very aware that they were predators. Due to the compulsion I was still very much under, I still hated the leeches.

Yet, when it came to Elvis, I tried my hardest to look further than my nose and find what was underneath and he had no problem showing his vulnerable side to me.

Just two days ago, I found him crying in his bedroom and instead of walking away and pretending I hadn’t seen it, I’d felt myself drawn to him. I’d had the intense urge to hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright.

So, I had done just that, and that’s when I realised that Elvis wasn’t the kind of monster I had been made to believe.

I could see how the whole situation was affecting him. I could see the hurt in his eyes when he’d reach for my hand and I pulled back on my sick compulsion-induced instinct. So when I had offered an olive branch and was the one to take the first step and embrace him, comforting him in my arms, it was like he completely lowered his walls.

“I’m sorry for stealing your bed,” I smiled at the vampire as he came into his bedroom on a late Sunday night, throwing his shoes in a corner.

He had canceled his entire residency, much to the chagrin of his manager and the owners of the hotel, but although he hadn’t admitted it, I’m sure he compelled his way out of it so nobody would ask any questions. As of now, he was just another VIP guest.