「 PART 3. Chrysalis 」

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

They were all gathered for a picnic, and Chay had barely spoken to Kimhan lately. Since he started dating Kit, he had taken some distance from his best friend, mostly because his boyfriend was insecure about the nature of their friendship, and, well... Chay couldn't blame him because he himself wasn't sure if the boundary between Kimhan and him was still as clear as before. Not since that night. As much as he loved Kit, he couldn't deny that whatever Kim and he had couldn't come close to any of his relationships. That's why learning that Yin and Kimhan had started dating had hurt Porchay more than he thought, even if he was well aware that he wasn't in a situation where he could really talk about it.

"Come on, boys, don't be moody. You'll all be with your lovers soon enough; today is just about friends!" Mai excitedly clapped her hands to make everyone move.

"Easy for you to say; you're still single!" Kei stuck out his tongue, teasing her before running away from an angry Mai.

The group of friends laughed, watching these two friendly fighting. Chay was happy; they were all together for a long time, and the rule of not bringing any girlfriends or boyfriends was a good idea to really be able to spend time all together. Kasem, Mae, and Nam were also from the party, and for a long time, Porchay felt really at peace surrounded by his friends.

"Mai!" someone exclaimed behind the group of friends, causing everyone to stop laughing and turn around.

"Joon, you came!" Mai said, hugging the boy happily.

"Didn't we say no lovers?" said Kasem and Kei at the same time, bringing for the second time the group of friends to laugh.

"Trust me, I don't have physically what he likes to be his lover," said jokingly Mai. "Everyone, this is my friend Joon; he is new in my department, and he was alone today, so I thought it would be okay if he was coming too!" She explained.

"Nice to meet you, Joon," Porchay smiled.

"Thank you, it's a pleasure to finally put faces to the names I keep hearing from her," he smiled, but his gaze was only on Porchay.

Only on Porchay. It was once again triggering something in Kim's stomach. Something he knew he shouldn't feel. Something he wasn't supposed to feel. Something he needed to pretend not to feel. Kimhan was jealous.

After spending a little more time preparing the small camp for the day, everyone was starting to relax and finally enjoy the time together. Chay was looking through his camera lenses at the scenery in front of him, capturing smiles and laughs of his friends on his memory card forever. Until these deep brown eyes were the only ones stealing the show and started to monopolize the attention of the photographer. Kimhan was so easy to capture; his eyes didn't even need to look at the camera, but they could still tell the most deep and mesmerizing story in the world. His smile... his smile was also stealing the spotlight on its own, so pretty, so damn devastating. Kimhan's whole face, body, hands, and aura were so fascinating that it was irritating Porchay; it was so unfair for a simple human to hold so much beauty.