𖤓𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚝?𖤓

It was now evening, and everyone was ready to celebrate, right at the stroke of midnight, Persephone's return.

Lizzy wasn't thrilled at the thought, she'd never liked campfire parties, or maybe she just hated how at any moment she suddenly found herself alone.

The bonfire was already lit, and the half-bloods were starting to arrive, but Lizzy couldn't see her friends, what were the chances that she would find herself alone from the start?

Not that it caused her much of a problem, right? She had her brothers, yeah a bunch of kids who would soon disappear into the crowd to go have fun with others.

It was almost a twist of fate, why the hell had Apollo welcomed Asteria's daughter into his cabin? He was the sun, her mother the stars, day and night, a stark contrast.

Lizzy lacked solar energy that her 'brothers',who weren't even really her brothers, had.

She was sure she looked like a zombie or something when she walked out of the cabin after sleeping the entire afternoon.

When she finished a book in a day without ever putting it down just to escape from reality.

When she refused her brothers' requests to go out by making excuses and then was devoured by remorse.

And when, like today, she was left alone at a table and felt completely out of place.

Feeling out of place was routine.

She saw all her brothers.
Always able to understand each other with just a glance, always together, good at the same things, and as cheerful as ever,some more, some less, but each in their own way.

99% of the boys in the cabin mirrored a son of Apollo perfectly.

The 1% didn't reflect their father at all.

Where was Lizzy in all this?

Maybe somewhere between that 99% and that 1%,or perhaps completely far from being expressed in a percentage.

She didn't look like a child of Apollo,she wasn't a daughter of Apollo,but she could feel a connection to him, perhaps just her imagination.

She wanted to talk to him, to ask why on earth he had claimed her in his cabin,but she was just a girl.

He was a god.

What could it matter to him?

Why would he waste his time on her?

The girl, who had been alone all evening, stared at the can of coke in front of her, still half full.

There was no one to share it with.

Besides, she had had enough of caffeine for that day.

Enough to not feel sleepy, yet Lizzy kept telling her brain that her eyes were burning because she needed to sleep.

It wasn't a clear threat of tears pricking her eyes.

She wasn't that weak.

She just needed to lie down somewhere in the camp and look at the stars,her home,her mother.

Remembering the constellations helped chase the thoughts away.

It kept her mind busy, away from whatever her past,her future,and her present were.

Only her, the stars and Zeffiro's whispers.

Incomprehensible whispers,that somehow made sense.

⚛⚛︎⚛︎ ⚛︎⚛︎⚛︎ ⚛︎⚛︎⚛︎ ⚛︎⚛︎⚛︎ ⚛︎⚛︎⚛︎ ⚛︎⚛︎⚛︎
The gentle breeze of the wind carried with it drops of water from the stream.