massacre

you were a student at hope's peak academy, and you had a great year, and you made some close friends there.  one of them was (crush).  you could say you could consider them your best friend, since you two were basically peas in a pod most of the time.  you two always had each other's backs and would help each other out during any situation.

one day, you came to find out that a classmate of yours was killed.  you and (crush) were rather wary of that, and still remained by one another.  but soon enough, things started to turn for the worse.  more of your classmates were getting killed day by day.  despite that, you two remained by each other's side.

one night, you both were studying in the library after dinner.  when all of a sudden, you heard an explosion outside, and you two had heard it.  you two stood up, and started running outside.  when you two were standing near the doorframe, you could see what was going on.  you saw two students fighting one another.  you two could only stand there for a few seconds, processing what was going on.

all of a sudden, you saw one of the students stab the other.  and again.  and again.  the other student was soon dead.  the student had turned to you, and they started stepping closer to you, with the intention of killing you.  you tried to reason with them, as well as (crush), but they were pushed out of the way.  you had gotten several on you in a span of a few seconds.  the student had soon pushed you to the ground, about to kill you.  you closed your eyes, preparing yourself for your death.

but it never came.  you opened your eyes, seeing (crush) standing in front of you, trying to hold back the other student.  "(name), go!  i'll take care of them!  you need to run!"  they had protested.  "i... i can't just leave you here!"  you had shouted back.  "there's no time!  i'll be fine!  just go!"  despite your protests, you had decided to run.  as soon as you made it outside, there were a few other survivors out there who made it out.  you were soon asked if there was anyone you found still in the school.  but then you realized something.

(crush) was still in there.

without thinking about it, you turned around to run back into the school, and into the hallway.  your injuries were slowing you down, but you still needed to look for (crush).  you had your back against a locker, but somehow you were still able to keep your balance.  all of a sudden, you heard a familiar voice call your name.

you had looked over in a certain direction, seeing a familiar face slowly walking over to you.  they had more injuries on them more than you did.

what do you do?

(you can change the ending in any way you prefer!)