fight

you and your best friend, (crush) had gotten into an argument not too long ago, and you two were rather hurt by how it turned out.  so, you two had separated for a few days, needing some space from one another.  one day, you had walked out into the courtyard to meet up with another friend.  they had asked you to meet up with them after classes, since they wanted to hang out with you that day.

you had arrived at the courtyard at the time your friend had requested.  you had walked around, trying to look for your friend.  however, you stop in your tracks, seeing the now horrific sight in front of you.  

your friend was killed, and the murderer was standing over them.

when you took a step forward, you accidentally stepped on a twig, making it snap.  the culprit had turned around, then seeing you standing there.  and before you knew it, they went after you.  since you were a witness to the crime, they had made the choice to kill you too.  

but in the end, you weren't dead.  just severely injured.

you heard the shout from a familiar voice, and the footsteps of the culprit getting away.  the last thing you saw was a blur of your best friend, kneeling over you, seeing your state.

what do you do?