Bhuvi Vi

In the dimly lit hotel room, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, affectionately called Bhuvi by his teammates, lounged on his bed, scrolling through his phone. His face lit up with a smile as Virat Kohli, the captain of the Indian cricket team, entered the room.

"Hey, Bhuvi! Roommate for another tournament, huh?" Virat greeted him with a grin, tossing his bag onto the empty bed.

Bhuvi chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, buddy. Always a pleasure having you around."

Their camaraderie was evident as they settled into their routine, swapping stories and sharing laughter late into the night. But the pleasant atmosphere was shattered when Mahendra Singh Dhoni, fondly known as Mahi Bhai, made an unexpected announcement.

"Virat, you'll be sharing a room with KL Rahul from now on," Mahi Bhai declared, his tone final.

Bhuvi's smile faltered, replaced by a look of disappointment. He exchanged a quick glance with Virat, who seemed equally surprised by the decision.

"Uh, Mahi Bhai, is there a specific reason for the change?" Virat inquired, trying to hide his disappointment.

Mahi Bhai shrugged. "Just mixing things up a bit, Virat. No particular reason."

Bhuvi struggled to mask his feelings as he watched Virat gather his belongings and move them to KL Rahul's side of the room. The air grew tense, filled with unspoken emotions.

As Virat left with KL Rahul, Bhuvi sat on his bed, feeling a pang of loneliness. He missed his best friend's presence already, knowing that their late-night conversations and shared jokes would be replaced by awkward silences with a new roommate.

Despite his annoyance, Bhuvi reminded himself to be supportive of his teammates, understanding that changes were inevitable in their line of work. But deep down, he couldn't help but wish for the days when Virat was by his side, sharing the ups and downs of life on the road.

      As Vi entered the shared room with Rahul , he immediately noticed Rahul's nervous demeanour. The way Rahul was pacing back and forth, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt, reminded Vi of his own first days on the cricket team, especially when he was paired up with Yuvi pa as his roommate. The memories flooded back, the nerves, the uncertainty, but also the kindness and support he received from Yuvi pa. Determined to pay it forward and help Rahul feel more at ease, Vi decided to strike up a conversation.

"Hey, Rahul, everything okay?" Vi asked, offering a friendly smile as he entered the room.

Rahul looked up, a mixture of surprise and relief flashing across his face at the sight of Vi. "Oh, hey, Virat. Yeah, I'm just... you know, a bit nervous," he admitted, his voice slightly shaky.

Vi nodded understandingly, remembering how he felt during his early days on the team. "I get it. It can be tough being the new guy," he said, taking a seat on his own bed and motioning for Rahul to join him.

Rahul hesitated for a moment before settling down beside Vi, grateful for the offer of company. "Yeah, it's just... everything's so new, you know?" he said, his words tumbling out in a rush.

Vi nodded sympathetically, recalling his own struggles to fit in and find his place on the team. "Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. When I first joined the team, I was a bundle of nerves," he confessed, offering Rahul a reassuring smile.

Rahul's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? But you always seem so confident and composed," he said, sounding genuinely amazed.

Vi chuckled softly. "Trust me, it wasn't always like that. I had my fair share of doubts and insecurities, especially when I found out Yuvi pa was going to be my roommate," he admitted, feeling a pang of nostalgia for those early days.