Heartbreak

Katana was always careful. Very careful in fact. 

Katana was very wise, but also very young, although it was quite hard to tell with his (what he called, "badass") mask, covering his face. He felt like an outcast with it on, but it would've been worse if someone saw what was underneath. That's why he was happy when he met Hyperlaser. Hyperlaser was normally quite, and he didn't judge, just listened. And that wasn't with only him, it was with anyone. Vinestaff, Banhammer, maybe even Subspace. 

Speaking of Subspace, where was he? 

Ever since the infection broke out, Katana and Hyperlaser searched for any missing friends or families of theirs, or others if they requested it. It was their job at the base and all, Medkit being in charge since it was his idea. It was a dangerous job too, but Medkit selected them instead of the warden, who whined when he didn't get the job, but he seemed strangely happier around Medkit. Katana chuckled at the thought of Banhammer and Medkit being in love, certainly it must have had to be a foolish thing for Banhammer's family. Hyperlaser carefully walked next to Katana, looking behind them every once and a while to see if they were being followed, which they weren't, at least that is what they thought. 

Although, better safe than sorry, Hyperlaser made sure to keep guard as he walked with his quiet friend. Everything seemed alright for now, except the weather, it was pouring down raining, but that was the least of their concerns. They soon reached the old Phighting arena, they both uped their weapons, ready to fight if they needed to. 

"Careful, this is where it all started, so it must  be where it is the strongest," said Katana, nodding at Hyperlaser, who gave him a nod back. "Surely, there must be survivors here somewhere..." 

Windforce watched the two from a distance, observing their every move. She wasn't going to attack them of course, it was just odd to see two demons out here. 

Alone. 

Where the infection started, which was the most dangerous place to be at a time like this. Katana and Hyperlaser stayed at each others sides, carefully making their way through the, now-ruined, arena. It led to even more questions: Where was Valk and Dom? What about Boombox and Skateboard? Hell, where was Sword? Katana sighed, lowering his weapon down for just a second. 

Thud, thud, thud

"Hyperlaser..., do you hear that...?" whispered Katana, his heart rate suddenly increasing. 

Hyperlaser nodded, aiming his weaponing to where the sound was coming from. There was a growling-like sound, it sounded like talking but very choppy... The noise itself was familiar, the growling-like sounds always came from the infected, but... the voice... 

"Nice one... K-katana...!" said the beast, as two green horns appeared out of the ally way. 

That voice, Katana knew who it was. It was supposed to be a friendly one. He knew exactly who this voice belonged to. 

Katana and Hyperlaser both looked at the beast with fear... and what was it...? Oh yeah, guilt. 

Their next obstacle was their own best friend... 

"Boombox... What has he done to you...?"