Honesty

Medkit sat in his office, swaying in his rolling chair. He thought.

He thought so hard that sweat appeared on his forehead. He thought so hard that his heart rate increased. He thought so hard that he drained himself of his energy. He was tired again, but he refused to go to sleep, even though he and the warden had a long talk about that, but he didn't care at this moment. He took off his glasses and massaged his throbbing head. He didn't care about sleep right now.

He looked at Vinestaff's dead body in the corner. Shuriken said a "he" not a "her"! How could he have misgendered his own sister!? Nonetheless, killed her? Vinestaff was a sister to everyone, except Scythe, who drooled over the woman. Medkit sighed, he hadn't even thought about Scythe and Broker? Were they in Blackrock? Were they even alive at this point? Medkit felt sick, he wished he and Subspace did things differently, and that maybe he could have done a better job to talk Subspace out of his cruel behavior. Then, Medkit hung his head down and did something he hadn't done in a long, long time.

He cried.

He cried for all the phighters that were killed and infected. He cried for Banhammer and Windforce. He cried for Shuriken and Vinestaff. He cried for Subspace. He cried for everything, in this cruel, dark world.

"Fuck, why...? Why here, why now...?" he muttered in between choked sobs, he hated to think about this. No one could imagine that this would've happened. He felt like this was all of his fault, he worked with Subspace and he knew him.

He could've done better...

He should've done better...

Two big hands massaged his shoulders, suddenly, making him jump and turn around.

"Though I told you about staying up this late Meds... What's on your mind?" asked Banhammer, taking a seat close to Medkit. Medkit sighed.

"Nothing... Just, tired..." he lied, he looked at the floor, wondering what things could've been like if he was able to stop Subspace from doing all of this damage. Banhammer looked at him, he could tell easily when someone was lying, and he didn't like liars, but he'd excuse Medkit. Afterall, he wasn't a criminal to him.

"Don't lie to me Meds, something is bothering you..." Banhammer said, taking off his purple bandana. He looked at Medkit with his four purple eyes. Medkit looked at him, a little bit of shock and wonder written on his face. "Your eyes are pretty..." Medkit whispered, in wonder mostly, but also trying to change the subject.

Banhammer smirked at him. "Thanks Meds, but don't try and avoid the question."

Medkit huffed, playfully rolling his eyes.

"Fine... You think we could've done better to stop this whole mess?" Medkit asked, walking up to his window. Infected's were everywhere, wobbling and attacking each other. Banhammer looked at him. He never thought about it. He just thought things happen, and you'd have to adjust.

Fuck. Maybe this was the way the world was now...