Chapter 31-50

Chapter 31: Poisoning (Part Six)

"Mokun, when are you going to announce the good news?"

Trying to find a topic, Goat kept chatting with Mokun.

"What?!" Mokun found Goat's words inexplicable and annoying. "So annoying, why so much nonsense!"

"I mean, when will you and Hongshan become a family?" Goat said insincerely, with a strange tone.

Mokun felt very uncomfortable listening to Goat's words and chose not to respond.

After waiting for a while without any response, Goat gave up, no longer interested in playing this "hot face and cold butt" game.

As long as he was careful, no one would notice his little movements on Mokun's back.

While paying attention to Mokun's movements, Goat carefully applied the poison.

Goat didn't know what this poison was. He stole it from Mokun's father, Mobi, during a hunt for wandering orcs. At that time, Mobi and the village chief discussed it and buried the poison underground. Unexpectedly, Goat found it.

After secretly digging out the poison, Goat quickly caught a live rabbit in the forest and fed it the poison. He watched as the rabbit died in less than a minute.

Goat smirked as he applied the poison, thinking, "I don't believe you can still be with Hongshan like this."

"Let's go to the village chief's house first, the village chief's health is more important."

Concerned about the village chief's health, Goat suggested going to the village chief's house first.

"Okay."

Worried about the village chief's condition, Mokun agreed without hesitation.

...

Hongshan slowly helped her father up and fed him water.

"Father, here, drink slowly."

Hongshan carefully brought the water to her father's lips.

Looking at his familiar yet unfamiliar daughter, the village chief felt a thousand emotions in his heart. His daughter had grown up so much.

The village chief looked at his daughter, then at his withered hands, feeling melancholic. Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at Hongshan.

Sensing her father's emotional fluctuations, Hongshan quickly comforted him, "Father, you'll get better, I'm still waiting for you to hold your great-grandchild. When the time comes, I'll have a bunch of little ones with Mokun to annoy you."

The thought of having great-grandchildren energized the village chief, and he eagerly discussed it with Hongshan.

"That would be great, you must give birth quickly and have more for me to teach them hunting."

"Ah! You never taught me."

Hongshan pouted, indicating unfairness.

"You?" The village chief shook his head, "I didn't teach you, and you've turned out like this. If I had taught you, when the time comes, Mokun wouldn't like you, and you'd hate me, wouldn't you?"

"Father!"

Hongshan blushed at her father's teasing.

"Haha, cough! Hahaha."

Even though the village chief's health wasn't very good, he couldn't resist his good mood now. He laughed heartily, feeling the release of pent-up pressure from his body.