13. Deals and Favors

Dow's eyes widened, "Who are you! Who's this guy?!" She went between Sal and Wahag few times before Wahag interrupted the familiar attempt to reach for her knife.
"You summoned him for me." Wahag said calmly.
"It was in my head. I thought it was some ghost. NOT SOMEONE!!" Dow said in panic before her eyes laid on his hoofs. An amused smile of superiority grew on Sal's face. "What are these?" she added in growing horror.
Sal ushered like a performer cueing in the next act, and Dow fainted. Wahag managed to pull the knife away before she lands and splits something open.
"Lovely," Sal satisfied, "Do you know how annoying her reflection is?" He added to Wahag.
Wahag's face was quickly drained from color and a large part of his pain got a hold of him again.
"Well, well, well... look who is latching on a human. How embarrassing!" Sal scorned.
Wahag clutched his jaws through heavy breathing, "the favor you told me about."
"Ah, are you ready to plead?"
"There are no favors in our world. You made a deal with someone. You owe it to someone." Wahag strained to form every sentence.
Displeasure grew on Sal's face before he began to chuckle.
"Oh, my boy, you think you're so smart." Sal continued to chuckle. "I am gonna love this. Here is the favor I owe," Sal gave a theatrical curtsy and pulled out a thick notebook from a hidden pocket on the rags that covered his shoulders and read,
"No creation of God is ever abandoned. Nothing that is happening is a coincidence. Every event is meant. And if the mission of Jonah comes to a favorable end, you will be allowed to repent."
Sal shock his head, "this one sure loves poetry," he ended with a smirk.
Wahag couldn't understand one word of what's being said. The pain took over everything. The voice was screaming in fear of perishing.
"Okay, I will leave you to it," Sal started to turn slowly, "Oh, and don't send that brat to summon me again. Such a headache." Sal paused watching Wahag sweating and on the edge of oblivion, "you know a thing or two about headaches, don't you?"
"You know how..." Wahag struggled, "you..."
"Yes, yes. I know a way to fix you." Sal continued grinning, "but I have absolutely no reason to, do I?"
Wahag's eyes were fighting to remain open, "What... do you want?"
"A deal." Sal extended a browned hand towards Wahag.
"What... do you want?" Wahag's ears started to ring again and it took him every bit of will power to not scream.
"A blank... deal," Sal challenged.
Wahag shook his head, "no..."
"Okay," Sal shrugged and turned to walk away.
Wahag wanted to fall into the relief of losing consciousness, but instead he started to cough and heave. When he looked down, he saw blood.
I am dying. Is there a way for this to end quicker?
Wahag screamed, "Sal... Deal!"
Sal, who was right outside the hut, returned.
He went and touched Dow's forehead, and she suddenly awoke.
She was breathing heavily for a minute, but as she became more aware of her surroundings, Wahag's pain gradually eased and he lost consciousness.
"Did I faint?!" Dow said with disgust.
Sal was at Wahag's side holding a hand over his body.
Dow quickly pulled another hidden knife and was at Sal threatening his throat.
"Easy, little girl. You will hurt yourself with that," Sal said without a hint fear.
"What are you doing to him?"
"Why is it always the annoying ones that are so powerful?" Sal muttered to himself.
"Hey!" Dow dug her knife into his throat slightly.
Sal released a bored sigh and held her blade with two fingers. With a gentle yank, Dow was not anymore in control of the blade, and Sal flung it at the wall of the hut.
Sal turned to give her a disapproving look. "Strong energy, but absolutely clueless."
Dow pulled away crawling on her back. She headed towards the door. But Sal ushered a finger and the door closed, "Don't go anywhere."
Wahag suddenly came back to consciousness.
Dow, who was panicking trying to open the door, suddenly stopped when she heard Wahag.
"What happened? What did you do to me?"
Sal gave Wahag an approving nod, "This fix is not permanent, but as long as you stick to her, it will work... for a while."
"WHAT?" Wahag shot fire from his eyes, "You CROOK! You took a blank deal for this!!"
"I just saved your life. So you are welcome." Sal stood to his hoof moving away from the weakened Wahag's reach, "Also, I said I know how to fix you, not that I can actually fix you myself."
Wahag looked around for something to throw at him, but couldn't find except the bowl Dow was using to wet the cloth, so he grabbed it and flung it at Sal, who easily dodged.
"Are you done?"
Wahag held his head. The pain was gone but he still felt like passing out.
Dow was silent in the corner wide-eyed watching. Sal turned to her, "Come, sit down and listen, because he is no shape to remember."
Dow clinched her fists wishing she could escape or fight back, but she saw no possible way of winning. So, she wearily went and sat down next to Wahag.
"Good." Sal paced as he lectured, "Now, fire and water have only ever found harmony when God created Earth. The fire in the center, Earth around it and then water. A jin, aka fire, will never find harmony with the water energy in the human body till he can trap his fire within so the water energy can flow through the body without killing him. To do that, you need to find the book of stolen scripts and read the part about the creation of Earth. Got it?" Sal turned to Wahag only to find him unconscious.
"Frankly, I thought you would be the one doing the repetitive fainting thing," Sal turned to Dow.