19. What do you believe?

The night of the second day passed slowly and Wahag grew more weary. He wanted to summon Sal, but he had to be ready with an offer. He already got himself into one deal with him that he had no intentions of fullfilling, and he couldn't think of any bargaining card except one.
I am not yours for you to offer me up! I belong to God. The voice was unhappy and Wahag felt splitting pain creeping into his head.
"We will die here. Do you have any better ideas?" Wahag whispered.
The voice was silent, but Wahag felt his stomach turning much worse than the pain of hunger. His head was spinning and his insides felt like lava was spreading through them.
"Fine.. Fine.. I will find another way," Wahag surrendered.
He started to feel better, but there was still no solution. He pulled out of his pockets the first favor, he read it over and over, it obviously had something to do with Jonah, he wished the body would just tell him what it was but it gave him nothing. No physical triggers, no memories.
Wahag racked his brain, but it was going to be another blank deal no matter what. As he sat there staring at the favor, he decided to read it one last time from the start,
     No creation of God is ever abandoned.
     Nothing that is happening is a coincidence.
     Every event is meant.
Wahag wondered if he was meant to come to this village and meet Haffaf. The concept of fate was something bound to humans only. As jin, if you don't move, nothing happens. He knew of jin that remained in stillness for hundreds of years and nothing could budge them, because unlike humans, the jin's life has no time limitation. In the hundreds of years he observed humans, he only saw them curse at the fate which pushed them to chase the finish line before their time is up. He never understood why they were so ungrateful and why they could never understand God's wisdom. But, now that he stands in human shoes, he found it ironic that just like them he was dreading the fate that brought him here into this misery. He rubbed his dry face, why was he lead here? Haffaf is bound to either kill them or imprison them for life, or worse. Maybe, needing another favor from Sal was no coincidence either. Wahag tried to find comfort in the idea that it's all meant to happen.
"Do.. Dona," Wahag paused for a second wondering what reasons Dow had for concealing her identity too. His pause went on for too long, but she didn't respond, "Hey! Do..Dona!" Wahag's voice became louder. He felt ice into his chest.
"DONA! DONA!!" Prince was in full panic mood, standing and shaking his cell bars.
"Shut up! Both of you!" Dow's voice was hoarse.
"Mommy and her ducklings," Sammy sat with his back propped on his cell bars. His voice carried a hint of humor.
Wahag could feel Dow's energy weakening because he was starting to feel aches of the internal war rising again.
"Dona, before it's too late, summon that someone," Wahag said hesitantly, unsure if she will understand.
Wahag's cell was next to Dow's so he couldn't see the shift in her expression.
"The hoofs?" Dow inquired, and Wahag snorted at the idea of Dow calling him hoofs.
"What are you talking about?" Prince interjected, but neither of them responded to him.
"I don't think he would appreciate that name, but yes, him." Wahag laid back trying to connect to Dow's reflection again, but it was hard. When he finally drifted into a trance, he found himself between a much stronger reflection and a weaker Dow, and he already knew he was too late.
"Can you please summon, Sal?" Wahag tried to master a genuine smile.
The reflection burned high and roared, "I will make this easy, NNOOO!!"
Wahag was brought back to consciousness disappointed, "your reflection really is something," he rubbed his neck.
Wahag wondered if he could use Prince's reflection or the other two. It was a long shot, but he was willing to try. He was trying to find the right words to best approach them, but Dow interrupted with a weak voice, "Is he the only one I can summon?"
"Are you still high on the pixie dust?" Riza had a look a person should have seeing a shoe in their soup.
"I wish we had some pixie dust," Sammy added wistfully.
"What great friends you have here. Powered..." Prince muttered in a condescending tone.
"Ooooh, are you from the walls or something? One of his God friends?" Riza barked.
Wahag held his skull together. He expected Dow to shut the fight down like she always did with the boys in the woods, but she was silent.
The banter between the three continued in an incomprehensible direction. They went after each other without any basis.
Wahag tried to flush their voices out and reached for the weak traces of Dow's energy, the same way he did with Dodi.
Dow... Dow...
He found himself in a room filled with books and odd shaped relics, and Dow was curled up in the corner.
"Who did you want to summon?" Wahag sat next to her.
"Can I summon a human?" Dow was overwhelmed by weakness.
Wahag thought for a minute, "I am not sure. I am not a human myself, so I don't know."
He paused to see her shrink even more.
"But, I know humans have a voice that tells them exactly what they need to do. It's a whiff of God himself within them. The thing jin hate humans for the most." Wahag didn't know who he was anymore as those words shaped in his mind, "if you think you can summon someone, then you probably can. I believe so."
Dow took a comforting breath and regained some composure.
"She is my mother, I think, but she is for sure someone from the walls" an image of a woman dressed in silk with long black hair shaped in front of them, "she comes to me in my dreams a lot. She keeps looking for me. I don't know why, but I think she might help us."
Wahag nodded, "Then do it!"
But dark thick clouds started to cover the woman, "The problem is, I hate her so much." Dow's eyes swelled with tears.
"Why?" Wahag asked despite a part of him being scared to hear it.
"I was found in a house in the walls when I was five that looked like this," Dow gestured to the odd room around her, "I was locked up without any food or water. Joza found me... while she was robbing the house. She thought I was dead and wanted to see if my corpse was worth any money, but when I woke up... I was so... hungry, so she took pitty on me," Dow paused, and the cloud cleared, "if that's my mother... where was she?"
Wahag thought for a minute, but the answer was quite simple, "Summon her and ask her. If we are going to die anyway, what do you have to lose?"
Before Dow could say another word, Wahag found himself back in his cell.
Loud metal on metal banging came from the bars,
"Get up! Now!! Lord Haffaf will see you now!" A very angry guard yelled at Wahag through the bars.