Chapter 8

Ed's POV

A few hours back, at the Top of the Rock observation deck

I'd snuck around to the other side of the observation deck when the two started talking about Taylor's fear of heights, just as I'd planned.

Sure, it was a bit cruel to exploit her fear like that, but what else could I do? All my efforts were failing, I had to go to drastic measures. They were meant for each other, I just knew they were. I wasn't going to let my plans fail, I had to do something.

About twenty minutes after I had snuck away, I heard a loud crash. No idea what had happened, I quickly rushed over to the other side to find Taylor and Calvin on the ground - making out.

Now, of course I wanted to jump up and down in excitement like a little girl, because I mean, these two were practically my OTP and I was the one to bring them together, but obviously I couldn't do that. After all, I am a 23 year old man, and I also didn't want to ruin what was going on by distracting them, so I slowly backed away in silence to give them some privacy... well, ok, sort of privacy. I MAY have been listening to what was going on... but I didn't watch!

They were there for hours, just passionately making out. I don't know how they could possibly think that I didn't hear them that whole time. I may have been trying to listen, but my God, you could probably hear them all the way in Queens!

But then, it stopped. All the noise stopped for a moment, all but the sound of heavy breathing. A minute passed, and I heard Calvin speaking

"What took you so long to do that?"

My first thought was "I know, right?" And right as that thought finished, they were making out again. Another 20 minutes passed until I heard voices again.

"Where's Ed?" I heard Taylor say. "Crap," I thought.

"Uh... I don't know..." I heard Calvin reply

"We have to find out."

"Why?"

"Because he can't know what just happened." What? Why not? I'm practically her best friend, why wouldn't she trust me?

As if they'd read my mind, I next heard Taylor say something that both did and didn't surprise me at all.

"Because every time someone gets involved in things like this... it just doesn't work out."

I didn't really know how to handle that. I understand the reason in general. After all, the media was the reason she'd stopped dating anyways. But I didn't understand why I was included in that whole idea. I wasn't the one spreading crazy rumors about her.

But, regardless of whether I was ok with her hiding it from me or not, I didn't really have a choice. It's not like I could tell her I was snooping, she'd never forgive me. Well, that's not true, she's Taylor, she would totally forgive me. But it could also make her feel uncomfortable in that relationship, and I didn't want to ruin anything.

So, as soon as I heard that they'd found her glasses, I waited a minute to make sure she'd gotten them on, and walked back out, let them know I was here, and we went down and met our bodyguards at the door.

You have no idea how hard it was not to say anything or smile like an idiot on the drive back to my hotel. Especially since I knew they'd be all over each other the minute I left the car. Regardless, I kept it together until I got out, though I was smiling like an idiot the entire way up to my floor.