Chapter 22

December 18th, 2014.
6 Days until Christmas Eve.

These are the words I thought to myself as I crossed the date off on my calendar. I always counted down the days until Christmas. When it came to that holiday, I was basically still a 9 year old, but I had no shame about it.

I went over to the kitchen to check on my cookies. Right as I was taking them out of the oven, I heard the doorbell ring. Not expecting company, I made my way to the door and looked through the peephole, where I found Adam standing, holding something behind his back. I smiled to myself and quickly opened the door.

"Excuse me, miss, I have a box here for a Taylor Alison Swift, would you happen to know if she is home?"

"Yes, that would actually be me."

"Oh, lovely!" He said, handing me a red gift box with gold ribbon on it.

"Say, something smells very good in here."

"Oh yes, those would be my cookies. In fact, why don't you come inside and have one?"

"Oh no, I couldn't, I am just a random stranger delivering a package!"

"Then I think we should get to know each other a little better..."

"I suppose we could do that. Here, why don't I start. My name is Adam," he said, taking a step in past the door, "I enjoy closing doors in my free time," he said closing the door behind him, "and I also enjoy doing this." he said, leaning down to kiss me, his hand on the back of my neck as I rested my elbows on his shoulders, still holding the small box in one hand.

"Well, what a small world, that's my favorite hobby," I said kissing him again.

He pulled away laughing and said, "ok now seriously, open it."

"So pushy." I teased, grabbing his hand and leading him over to the couch to sit down.

I carefully untied the ribbon and unstuck the tape, being careful not to tear the paper. I don't know why I never like to tear it, it's just always been that way. I took out a small white box and opened up the lid to find an object wrapped in white tissue paper. I carefully untraveled it until I saw what it was, and instantly my vision was not only pink, but yellow as well. It was a snow globe of the top of the rock observation deck.

"From that first night." he said, smiling down at me, waiting for my reaction.

"It's beautiful. I love it, thank you!" I said, kissing him.

"You're very welcome," he said, pulling away.

"Oh, I have something for you, too!" I said, running upstairs and coming back with a green box with a white ribbon on it.

"My favorite color" he said

"Yes, yes, now open it!" I said excitedly. He just laughed as he untied the ribbons and opened the lid.

"A teddy bear... from the top of the rock observation deck," he said laughing.

"Guess we had the same idea."

"Well, you know, great minds."

"Great minds indeed." I said, kissing him once more. "Hey, how's your leg?" (A/N: is it feeling 22? ...I'm trash I'm sorry ok back to the story) I said, gesturing to the boot he now wore on his foot.

"It's feeling a lot better, not much pain at all recently."

"Well, great!" I exclaimed, only to have him look at the floor. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I just hate that it's our first Christmas as a couple and we're not going to be spending it together."

"I know, I hate it, too. I'm really gonna miss you, but hey, we'll be with our families spending a lot of quality time with them, and we'll see each other when we get back."

"Well... actually I won't be with my family this time. I was supposed to, but I got a call this morning from my parents saying that the snow over there is far worse than it is here, and all the flights in and out of the country have been cancelled."

"So you're just gonna be alone on Christmas? Where are you gonna go?"

"I'm staying here, I guess. Don't really have anywhere else to go."

I paused for a moment to think before I turned to him and said,

"Why don't you come to Nashville with me?"

"Oh, Taylor, I'd love to come to Nashville with you, but I can't just intrude on your family."

"Of course you can! Besides, I want you to meet my parents. I think it's time we can tell them now."

"You're really comfortable with me meeting your family already?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Well, then I suppose I'm going to Nashville for Christmas!"

"Yay!" I said, grabbing one side of his face and placing a kiss on his lips.

"Ok, now come on, these cookies aren't going to eat themselves!"

"Well how could I say no to that?" He said, getting up as I pulls him into the kitchen.

We each bit into one, and I was satisfied with my work once I saw Adam's face give an approving smile.

"You like them?"

"They're fantastic. Oh, you have a crumb on your face."

"Oh where?" I said, touching my face.

"Riiiight there," he said, kissing me.

"Is it still there?"

"I don't think so, but just to be sure," he said, kissing me again. "There we go!"

"How did I end up with such a dork?"

"I don't know, but I'm just saying, you did kiss me first."

"True. I think I'll do that again." I said, leaning up to kiss him.

My dork.