xS2 Chapter 15 - One Helluva Homecoming (2)

Burrito Bistro, it's a small sit-down Mexican restaurant located on the north side where the food is great and the wait is practically nonexistent. Not too many people know about the place but those who do tend to go there often.

Or at least that was the case a few months ago, but as the first four members of The Miracle Clinic enter the restaurant, they come to find it absolutely packed with patrons.

"Damn it our booth's taken," Alex sighs as he sees a family of four sitting in the spot the group always used to sit at, "Guess we'll take the tables."

"Those are all taken too," Ronnie points as a group of teens excitedly await their meal.

"Why are they so excited?" Marcus questions while Elizabeth shrugs.

The group of teens squeals in excitement as the doors to the kitchen. The person who enters the lobby is a 17-year-old man with white skin, dark eyes, black earrings, and wavy dyed blonde hair with black highlights. He's wearing a black crewneck sweatshirt under a green apron, washed-out blue jeans, and black non-slip shoes. The man's name is Mesto-Presto, and he's one of the two employees at this place.

"Oh my god, it's him!" One of the teens shakes in anticipation.

"What's your skincare routine I gotta now!" Another asks him.

"I just use lavender shampoo and conditioner," Mesto awkwardly remarks before he sets down the plate of nachos on their table, "I hope you enjoy the meal, I made it myself!"

Several of the teens start taking pictures of the food while Elizabeth, Alex, Ronnie, and Marcus stare at Mesto. Mesto finally spots them and the two parties stare at one another.

"The usual?" Mesto asks.

"The usual," Ronnie responds.

__________________

Mesto sets a bowl of tortilla chips with some salsa down on an uneven wobbly table in the far corner of the restaurant. The four seated there are Marcus, Ronnie, Alex, & Elizabeth.

"Enjoy," Mesto remarks in his customer service voice before switching to his regular voice, "I haven't seen you guys here in a while."

"Yeah seems like a lot changed," Ronnie states, "How'd the place get so fucking popular?"

"Mister Garcia opened up a Ninstagram page for the place," Mesto states, "we haven't had this many customers since Griffon used to work here."

"Happy for you man," Marcus states.

"Y'know." Alex begins to suggest as he stuffs his face with some chips and salsa, "If things ever get less popular for the place, I heard you could make a killing off of child support."

Ronnie, Marcus, Mesto, and Elizabeth glance at Alex.

"What?! If it works, it works," Alex defends.

"Thanks but no thanks," Mesto remarks.

The reason Alex mentioned child support is because Mesto actually has children, two twins by the name of Landon & Avery. They found out about it around the start of the year but that still hasn't changed the club's avid support of the restaurant nor did it change their friendship with the young restaurant worker.

"You got any pictures of them?" Elizabeth asks excitedly.

Without an ounce of hesitation, Mesto hands her his phone and the two begin to look through the photos of his kids. There's a picture of Landon watching TV, another of Avery having a tea party with her stuffed animals and Mesto, a picture of Mesto giving them a piggyback ride, and another of the two toddlers walking.