Chapter 14: Aftermath

3RD POV

(Y/N): Shido... you...

(Y/N)'s voice trailed off, a mixture of shock and betrayal evident in his tone. The atmosphere crackled with tension, the weight of Shido's action pressing down on them. Both of them stared each other down while Miku watched from the back with a surprised expression. Shido's expression remained steadfast, but his eyes betrayed a flicker of regret. He understood the weight of his actions and the consequences they might have on his friendship with (Y/N). However, his priority was Miku's safety and his mission.

(Y/N): Move.

Shido: (Y/N), I know you're angry, but violence is never the answer. She deserves respect just like anyone else.

(Y/N)'s voice rose slightly, annoyance and anger seeping through.

(Y/N): Huh?! Are you serious?

Miku smirked, enjoying the tension she had caused, her eyes dancing with amusement as if watching a fight between two animals.

Miku: Look at you two fighting over me. How pathetic.

Shido: Miku...

(Y/N)'s hands trembled, his jaw clenched so tightly it hurt. Taking a deep breath to calm down, he shot Miku a look filled with icy resolve.

(Y/N): I despise you.

Miku laughed mockingly, her confidence unyielding, flipping her hair with a smug smile.

Miku: Oh, please. Everyone loves me. You will be no different, (Y/N).

(Y/N): No, I definitely won't love you.

Miku stepped closer to (Y/N) with a confident smile on her face.

Miku: No, you will <love me>.

(Y/N) suddenly felt as if something was invading his mind. He felt lightheaded and dizzy, stumbling backward a little before stopping and standing still like a mannequin.

(Y/N): I...

He took a step toward Miku, his eyes and face hidden by his hair and the lights.

(Y/N): ...really...

He took another step, his hand slowly reaching out to her as he stepped closer.

(Y/N): ...really...

Just as his hand was close enough to touch her, (Y/N)'s hand suddenly grabbed Miku by the collar and pulled her close, forcing her to stare into his eyes. For an instant (Y/N)'s pupils glowed before quickly disappearing.

(Y/N): HATE YOU!

Miku's confident smirk vanished, replaced by wide-eyed shock and confusion as she stared into (Y/N)'s eyes. His eyes weren't empty or filled with love for her as she expected, but filled with intense emotions. His eyes bore into hers, flames of resentment and defiance consuming them. Her confident facade crumbled under his intense gaze. She had expected him to be like all the others, easily swayed by her <voice>. But what she saw in his eyes now was something she hadn't anticipated. Shido had the same reaction as Miku, as did everyone on the Fraxinus, except Reine.

Miku: What?

Miku let out a shocked voice filled with confusion. (Y/N) released her abruptly, his gaze unwavering, filled with burning determination. Miku snapped out of her shock and turned serious before trying again.

Miku: <Love me>

As soon as those words reached his ears, (Y/N) groaned as he felt lightheaded and dizzy again. His consciousness was filled with a similar state of drunkenness. His body told him to love her, but just as those words were about to leave his mouth, (Y/N) gritted his teeth and spat out.