chapter 10

"Jungkook, are you comfortable in that chamber? Actually, we are still preparing a comfortable chamber for you. So, if you face any issues, please let me know. I fear it might take a few days," Jin said, breaking the awkward silence that had enveloped the duo as he walked Jungkook back to his chamber. It was already night , with no soul outside , Only the sounds of foot tapping ,  fireflies, and crickets could be heard.

"Hyung, it's the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It's cozy and smells so calming and good. I love it; it smells like... home," Jungkook muttered the last sentence under his breath, but Jin heard it somehow.

Behind them, Taehyung was walking like a shadow, who stopped listening to them, his breath hitched.

But a quick realisation Panicked the younger ,
"This chamber belonged to someone else, hyung? Where are they living? Did I cause unnecessary trouble for them?" Jungkook instantly asked, unable to take a chance to cause trouble for anyone else.

Jin looked behind for a moment at taehyung, "We have reached, Jungkook," Jin said to the younger, who didn't realize that they were at the threshold of his chamber.

Jin opened the curtains of the chamber for Jungkook, who smiled, slightly bowed, and entered. Jin followed.

Jungkook sat on the bed , while jin light up the candels .

"It... it belongs to Taehyung," Jin said nervously, now  lighting up the lanterns. Jungkook,  grabbed the sheets under his palm, his breath hitched. He bit his lips, feeling a mix of emotions. Sleeping in the bed of the one he loves the most was enough to brighten his cheeks with a scarlet color. The thought that it was his love's scent that was lulling him to sleep at night , churned inside him.

Jin noticed the change in the demeanor of the younger, who was looking down.

Jin sat on the bed beside Jungkook. "The one you told me about... the one you love, it's Taehyung, right?" Jin said softly, just above a whisper, placing his hands on the clenched fist of the younger. Jungkook's eyes shot open; his deepest secret was revealed.

But he was expecting a question from the elder since he caught Jungkook hugging Taehyung.

[Flashback]

Jungkook was  hugging his lifeline, and now Taehyung's arms were around the younger. Jungkook felt mixed emotions. He always wanted this, to be in his love's arms, but not like this. He wanted the elder to hold him by his choice, to never let him go, to protect him from the clutches of malevolence.

Taehyung was too flabbergasted to react. His mind was jumbled and messed up, his hands shaking, his heartbeat fast. The moment was disturbed by a gasp.

Both instantly parted, seeing a flabbergasted Jin looking at them, but Jin turned his back towards them instantly.

Jungkook visibly panicked, while Taehyung's face showed no emotion.

Jungkook cursed himself for acting out of impulse. The relationship he shares with Taehyung is already not very good; why did he have to mess it up even more?

Jin faced the duo again and took Jungkook's hand in his hand. "Come on, Jungkook, it's already quite late. Let me send you to your chamber," Jin said, understanding the situation, while Taehyung looked everywhere but at Jungkook.

[Present]

Jungkook was hyperventilating. He nodded his head hesitantly. Jin was sure that even in the dim light caused by the lanterns, he saw something moist in the beautiful eyes of the prince.

Jin caressed the fist of the younger, slowly opening it and holding his hand with so much love. "It's okay, Jungkook. It's okay to love anyone. Don't think you did something heinous. Don't ever feel ashamed or embarrassed of your love," Jin said warmly.