chapter 14

"And this... This here was given to me by my late mother-in-law. It's one of the oldest pieces around. Its value will soar, resting on your head," Jin declared, presenting a magnificent golden hairpiece to Jungkook, after dressing him in a stunning red hanfu with Jimin's assistance. Jungkook gasped, marveling at its beauty.

"This is so pretty," he murmured, holding it delicately.

"Not nearly as pretty as you," Jin remarked matter-of-factly, prompting a shy smile from Jungkook.

Jin then delicately placed the jewelry on Jungkook's head.

Jungkook gazed at himself in a small mirror, biting his lip to contain his smile. He wanted to look his best for the king of his heart, Taehyung.

As Jin and Jimin led Jungkook out of the chamber to the heart of the tribe, where grand dining tables were adorned with an array of food, fruits, and tribal dishes, filling the air with their enticing aroma, lanterns illuminated the entire area, casting a festive glow. Children played in circles, darting around, while others busied themselves setting the tables or sharing jokes and laughter. Jungkook felt overwhelmed by the emotions swirling within him. This place felt like home, like he'd been searching for it all his life. The warmth, the energy, the liveliness-it all felt right. He giggled, watching the children's antics. Jimin and Yoongi exchanged smiles, observing how serene the prince appeared, momentarily forgetting their own trials and escapades. Yoongi silently thanked whatever had diverted the prince's attention.

And there stood the one who had captured the prince's heart with just a glance-the outcast, standing tall and confident, engaged in conversation with Namjoon a few meters away. Suddenly, Taehyung heard a familiar sound, one he couldn't forget no matter how hard he tried.

Following the sound, Taehyung's breath caught in his chest as he beheld Jungkook. Not just his porcelain doll, as he often called him. No, Jungkook was so much more.

Whenever Taehyung thought Jungkook couldn't possibly become more beautiful, he was proven wrong. Each step Jungkook took seemed to produce a melodic rhythm, a sound that echoed the one Taehyung had heard three years prior-the day etched forever in his memory.

 Each step Jungkook took seemed to produce a melodic rhythm, a sound that echoed the one Taehyung had heard three years prior-the day etched forever in his memory

"Good evening, patron," Jungkook greeted Namjoon, who smiled his dimpled smile.

"G... good evening, Taehyungie hyung," jungkook wished , without meeting Taehyung's gaze. If he had looked, he might have been taken aback by Taehyung's intense stare.

"Evening," Taehyung answered lightly after a few seconds, still fixated on the beauty.

"Please address the tribe, Namjoon," Jin instructed his husband, who nodded, smiling, and took Jin's hand, leading him towards the giant dining table.

Jungkook watched them with adoration, wishing he could have a similar bond with the one he loves.

"What should we d-" Jungkook's sentence trailed off as he noticed Taehyung staring deeply into his eyes. He gulped, feeling a tension between them, both silent, locking eyes.