chapter17

Taehyung laid the prince on the bed, covered him in the sheets, and glanced at the prince once again before going outside the chamber. While guarding the chamber, he was deep in thought about the prince's lover; he couldn't deny the burning feelings within him. It felt as though someone had set his heart on fire.

Morning arrived, stirring Jungkook, who woke up with excruciating pain in his head. He whined and started crying in pain, holding his head.

Listening to the cries, Taehyung ran to the chamber, panicking, only to find the young prince crying like a baby, holding his head.

Taehyung's heart hurt seeing the prince. He rushed to the little prince and sat beside him.

"Gukkie," he called softly.

Jungkook instantly stopped crying upon hearing his name called so lovingly by the warrior, little did he know what the elder called him last night.

Looking into the warrior's eyes, he couldn't hold back and started crying again, burying his head on the elder's shoulder.

"Hurts... hyungie... hurts," he cried in pain.

"First, calm down. If you cry, the pain will worsen," Taehyung said, patting the younger's head.

"Let me bring medicine from Hoseok hyung for you," Taehyung said, trying to break free from the younger's grip, but Jungkook shook his head vigorously, still holding onto Taehyung's arm with both hands.

"No, want hyungie," Jungkook demanded, crying and pouting.

"Oh no, don't cry, otherwise your head will hurt more," Taehyung pleaded.

"Hyungie hurts, hurts, hurts," Jungkook cried so much that he started coughing while crying.

Taehyung instantly took him into his embrace.

"If you stop crying, I will bring tanghulu for you. Tell me, how many does Gukkie baby want?" Taehyung bribed the baby prince, whose cries slowly subsided, now only hiccupping and sniffing.

"Tanghulu?" he asked, his doe eyes filled with tears.

"Yes, tanghulu. But for that, Gukkie has to stop crying and wait here for me to bring medicine," Taehyung informed, but Jungkook shook his head violently, holding Taehyung's arm with both hands.

"Don't leave... Gukkie alone," he sobbed.

Taehyung felt his heart wrench at the doll's cries.

"Okay, okay. You too come with me to Hoseok hyung, and then we will go eat tanghulu, okay?" Taehyung said, holding Jungkook's cheeks, to which Jungkook nodded, sniffing.

As Jungkook tried to get up, he felt dizzy and held onto Taehyung tightly. Without waiting, Taehyung lifted the younger with one arm under his knees and the other under his waist, while Jungkook's hands encircled Taehyung's neck, and his head rested on the chest of the warrior. He was sniffing and hiccupping, his head hurting so much, aggravated by all the crying, and even his eyes hurt.

"Hyungie," Jungkook called the elder like a child.

"Hmm," Taehyung answered softly while walking, the jaws of the people looking at them hung low.

"Hyungie, eyes hurt," Jungkook complained, with tears in his eyes and his voice breaking.

"Gukkie is a good boy, right?" Taehyung asked, to which Jungkook nodded his head.

"Then Gukkie shouldn't cry, otherwise his eyes will hurt more," Taehyung said softly and gently, while Soobin, who was sneaking and following the duo, listened to this on his way, nearly dying on the spot. He saw this warrior talk to anyone with softness.

"How many tanghulu does Gukkie want?" Taehyung asked the younger to distract him.

Jungkook thought for a minute. "10," he declared, to which Taehyung gasped, reacting as though speaking to a child. "That's too many. So much sugar is not good. Let's cut it down to 2," he declared.

"No, please, 5," Jungkook almost begged.

"Okay," Taehyung smiled at the baby in his arms.

They reached Hoseok's chamber, who was shocked to see the duo, but he recovered with Taehyung's low, emotionless voice.

"Treat him for a headache," he said, placing Jungkook on the bed, who lay down to get treated while Taehyung stood beside him.

"Jungkook, where does it hurt?" Hoseok asked sweetly.

Jungkook pointed at his head. "Head and eyes," he said, sniffing, to which Hoseok nodded and extended his arm towards a tray on the table, taking out three needles for accupunture.

Jungkook's eyes widened looking at them. He instantly stood up from his lying position and sat down.

"No, no, no," he started crying again, looking at the needles.

"Koo, you will not get hurt, I promise. Just let me put them on your head, and boom, all the pain will fade away," Hoseok tried to reassure the younger, but to no avail; Jungkook cried more.

Taehyung sat down beside Jungkook and cupped his face. "Gukkie, look at hyungie," he demanded, to which the younger complied.

"Doll, hyungie is here, right? Then don't get scared. We will not get acupuncture, okay? If Koo doesn't want it, then Hoseok hyung will not do it. You tell me, what else do you want to eat besides tanghulu?" Taehyung asked, gesturing to Hoseok to proceed with the needle, who slowly approached the younger from behind and placed the needle on his head.

Jungkook winced, and his eyes filled with tears again as he realized he was tricked. But Taehyung took him in his embrace and put Jungkook's head on his chest.

"It's okay, now you will be fine," he said, smiling.

******
Doht forget to comment