operation: minsung pt 4 (Reunion)

On a sunny Saturday, Chan drove to the park with a fierce determination to reunite the two lovebirds who had recently broken up. He was confident that his plan would work, especially since he had his friends' help. The warm weather and bright sunshine made for the perfect setting to rekindle the love between Minho and Jisung.

As he arrived at the park, Chan noticed that nobody was there yet. He parked his car close by and stepped out. Dressed in his usual black attire, he made his way to one of the benches and sat down, scrolling through his phone while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Glancing at the time, he realized that they should be there soon.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. Felix. He walked over with a big smile on his face and sat down next to Chan on the bench. They chatted for a bit while waiting for the others to arrive.

Soon enough, Hyunjin and Changbin showed up, deeply engrossed in their conversation, ignoring the other two. Speaking as if they had known each other forever. Felix couldn't help but chuckle at the huge height difference between them.

"Hyung"

"Yeah?"

"What if this doesn't work? What if Jisung gets even more angry than he already is? I mean, I don't really know what he's like in person but, maybe we shouldn't meddle with their relationship?"

"Lix, I am almost one hundred percent sure this will work. And trust me, when they argue, there is no communication between them. Jisung especially is very stubborn. In this case, the tiger approaches the kitten just for the kitten to go back, into hiding. And if it doesn't work out, well I give up on love."

"Wow hyung. So poetic"

"Thanks."

Just then, Seungmin walked up to the group.

"Remind me again why I have to do this"

"So it's not suspicious, and so you guys can bond!"

"I don't want to bond with anyone! People are too much work" he whined.

"Well, you agreed, and you're here, so that means you wanted to...see someone?" Chan responded, a hint of tease in his voice.

"S-shut up! Everyone looks like shit. Especially Jeongin"

"Who said I was referring to Jeongin?"

And there they were, having separate conversations. Chan and Seungmin arguing while Felix was immersed as if he's watching a K-Drama, and Hyunjin and Changbin acting like aunts at a family reunion. It was nice.

As the group bantered and joked around, Chan remained optimistic that his plan would be a success. Only time would tell if he was right.

___________

A couple of minutes passed and someone else finally arrived: Minho.

"Hi Chan"

"Hi, Minho. Surprised you came."

"The only reason I came was for Jisung. Is he here yet?"

"No, he must be-"

"Late? Of course. You know, I used to tell Jisung to meet up at 6 for a reservation at 7. Even still he would come a couple of minutes late."

Chan wanted to laugh but he knew now wasn't the time. The tone in Minho's voice was more hurt than happy. It was obvious he missed all the times he had with Jisung.

But today, be hurt no more! As they were to hopefully talk things out. Key word: hopefully.

_______

Chan looked around and saw a car pull up around the corner, immediately recognizing who it was. (They grow up so fast 😫🤧)