Secret Notes

It was a gloomy winter day in Slughorn's classroom when the doors opened revealing your crush standing in the doorway. Your cheeks became rosy as your best friend nudged your arm to stop you from staring.

Mr. Riddle just in time. Slughorn said as he taught the class about Amortenia. The scents coming from the Amortenia starts to hypnotize you. You bit your lip trying your hardest to regain consciousness over yourself. Thankfully, the lid was abruptly shut by Mr. Slughorn.

.. which can be found in the pages of your book.

You heard pages being flipped as you came back to life around you.

What did he say? you whispered to y/b/n.

We are making liquid luck whoever wins will get their own vial. Come on. y/b/n as she walked to her station dropping of her book before grabbing ingredients for you and her.

An hour later, Harry Potter, gosh did you hate him, had won the vial of liquid luck. You glance at Mattheo as his messy curls fell over his forehead and his brown eyes lured you in. He changes foot from standing so long and his eyes begin to shift in your direction. You quickly scanned the room trying your hardest to act as if you were not staring at him.

Why don't you go talk to him? y/b/n asked as they began to walk to the Great Hall to eat lunch.

Who?

Really, maybe the guy you stare at every class.

I don't stare at him in every class

Mhmm sure you don't.

Besides I could never talk to him when he's always with Nott, Malfoy, and Berkshire. He's probably taken anyway.

Your best friend thinks of a way for you to talk to him, knowing you weren't extroverted enough to walk up to him. I saw this muggle movie where the girl liked someone and wrote notes to them. You could try that.

What would I even say? She says as they sit in the Great Hall.

Maybe how much you notice or care about him.

Y/n pulled out her quill and notes flipping to a new page.

Dear Mattheo,

I think you're really smart as you always come up with answers I've never thought about in DADA and History. You're even smarter in potion. I like that you help those around you when they need it. I can see how different you are than your father; you want to make good decisions even if it's hard. But you also don't shy away from fun even if it might land in detention. You're funny and cute and I wish that I could get to know you more.

From,
Y/n

Don't sign your name y/b/n whisper yells.

She scribbles it out and writes a secret.

She sees her owl just as mail is getting delivered. She exchanges the newspaper for the note. Take this to the Slytherin table to Zabini. Her owl took flight circling the air by her friend Blaise. Landing close to him he petted her owl.

Whose owl is that? Theo said.

Mine, I got a new one. Blaise answers covering for y/n.

No you.. Blaise kicks him underneath the table glaring at him.

A stream of Italian words escapes Theo's mouth as he rubs where Blaise kicked him. He glances at you as you mouth please.

He looks at the small print of Riddle in the left corner and quickly slides it into the robe next to him. Seeing her owl take off she smiled and mouths thank you to Blaise. Now, she just had to wait until he opened it.