Neville Longbottom

Thank you to briansredspecial39 for making me step out of my comfort zone in writing. I never would have thought to write a Neville Longbottom story. I hope you all enjoy reading this story as it's truly different from anything I have written before (: let me know what you all think by leaving a comment or a vote.

...

Neville Longbottom. What can I say? We have been through thick and thin for the last several years at Hogwarts.

He was there for me when I lost my dad; and I was there for him through Malfoy picking on him in first and second year. I was even there when "Mad Eye Moody" used the Cruciatus curse on a spider. The same curse Neville lost his parents to in fourth year. Believe me it wasnt easy picking up the pieces after that was used in class. Even though we shared many heartbreaking moments we made sure that even if we were going through hard times we never missed each other's successes.

From him never missing a Ravenclaw quittich game and always cheering the loudest; even though I know he didn't really enjoy watching it. To me being around for hours just so he could talk my head off about Herbology. Believe me he could talk for hours about all kinds of plants, and i would lay my head on his shoulder and listen to every word. Looking up at him I could see how much he had changed from the shy kid I had met on the train to the strong-willed man he was becoming. So, it came as no surprise when he pulled me into the nearest closet and told me he had joined Dumbledore's Army. I was so proud of him when he told me but I was also very nervous.

We knew things were getting worse; but what we did not anticipate was the death of Dumbledore and Snape becoming headmaster. After his untimely death, things had changed so quickly. Families were being torn apart everyday and Hogwarts was bone chilling cold. Neville and I tried to spend as much time as we could together. Always watching each other afraid that one day one of us could go missing.

One day, I waited for Neville in our usual spot away from prying eyes. After waiting thirty minutes, curfew was fastly approaching and I had to leave. As I walked down the dark halls of Hogwarts I looked down the hall way before entering trying not to be seen by the Carrows. Alecto and Amycus Carrow were ruthless to say the least. Thankfully I had never been in their presence, but the stories were enough to make me be watchful of every move Neville and I made. As I enter the common room now filled with students of all houses but Slytherin I searched the areas for Neville. After searching every area of the over filled room Neville walked in. Blood dripped down his face as our eyes met. My heart broke in that moment as I led him into a bathroom.

What happened? I asked as I grabbed a clean towel and put it under the water.

He stayed silent not meeting my eyes as I looked at him.

Please Neville, don't shut me out again. I'm here. I gave a small smile cleaning up his face the best to my ability. I decided not to use magic since nothing was broken.

The carrows he said quietly. They wanted me to use the Cruciatus curse on first years. I refused.

My hand immediately dropped looking at him as I pulled him into a much needed hug. He held me tightly as I felt a small tear hit my shoulder. You're going to be okay. I'm glad you didn't that just shows how strong you are.

Thanks, he said quietly pulling away.

I looked into his dark eyes as I cleaned the rest of his face.

Things are going to get alot worse before they get better.

Yeah but promise me you will stay as safe as you can.

Promise.

Unfortunately, that was a promise I wasn't able to keep for long. On the night of the second Wizarding war, I was searching for Neville after I told him to go tell Luna how he really felt about her. Running through the halls of Hogwarts I deflected many different curses and spells. But there was one curse I could not deflect. As it hit me I felt my body hit the floor never to become conscious again.