Dancing Queen - Emma

Emma was scared, she was crowded by 3 infected with one chair in hand. She was pretty strong, as she's in ballet, tap dancing, cheer, and gymnastics. She smashed one hard on the head, hitting another one in its long, hideous neck. The third one scratched her shoulder hard, so she kicked it in its weird, stomach area, and smacked it hard on he head with her bat. She just wanted to know if anyone else was in this strange place with her. She was outside of the school. Apparently, looking outside wasn't very helpful. She hadn't seen anyone besides herself and the infected. She opened the school door. She had always looked over the teachers shoulder as they entered the code in to unlock the door, so she knew it by heart. She walked in, watching out for any infected. She slowly went up the stairs and checked the whole second floor. It was clear of any infected. That was weird, because they were everywhere. She eventually stumbled upon a blocked up room, desks in front of the door. It seemed recently moved there too. She tried to push the desks out of the way, but there were more behind them. She continued trying to get the door open, and she heard scared sobs, choking on tears, and hiccuping behind the wall of desks. She finally managed to move them after pushing on the door for awhile. Who she saw there though was shocking. It was Alec. Alec. out of all people Alec. The fastest, strongest, most athletic and badass punk in the whole school, just sitting there in a pool of his own tears looking like a starved mess. This was nothing like how he looked in real time. He looked like he barely had Amy meat on his bones anymore, even though he normally had large, strong muscles. His ribcage was even visible. He didn't have a shirt on either, and there were 2 large scratches on his body. He just stared up at Emma. It was obvious he was embarrassed. Embarrassed wasn't even enough to explain it. He was probably mortified. Mortified because of someone seeing the state he was in. He looked much more pale and everything.
"I- Alec?" Emma asked. She had never seen anyone in such a state. Ever. And Alec was the last person she would ever think she'd see in this state.
"Dont look at me- I-"
"How long have you been sitting here in your dreams?"
"A month.."
"Let's get out of here then."
"I don't want to be seen in this st-"
"I don't wanna hear it. I'm getting you some food. Come on." She grabbed him hard by the wrist. He had cuts on his wrist. CUTS. She just stared down. Razor cuts. Not any infected scratches. Razor cuts. He had done it himself. "
"Come on." She loosened her grip a bit. "We need to get you something to eat and go to the nurses office, maybe grab some bandages. You're a mess."
Alec just stayed silent and let Emma drag him to the cafeteria. She sorted through the cabinets- but there was nothing. Nothing left. Someone had been here.
"Here. Let's just go to the nurses office and bandage you up. I don't want anyone else seeing you in this hideous state. Its.. it's not fitting. Not fitting for you."
Alec continued to stay silent and started walking to the nurses office alongside Emma. He wiped his tears with the back of his hand. Whenever they reached the nurses office, Alec ripped his wrist from Emma's grip and started going through the drawers and looking for bandages. He found some and wrapped it his wrists and arms so that his wounds would stop bleeding.
"Do you need any help?" She asked.
"No. I'm not a child. I don't need help. I'm strong enough."
"Doesn't look like it."
"And? Just go." He muttered while tying off the bandages and walking out of the nurses office. He went down the stairs and headed towards the gym.
Emma could only stare at Alec as he walked off. What a disappointment.
"Atleast I have manners. No wonder I'm so perfect, unlike that failure.." She muttered to herself.