𝟒. 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✦ ─ ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ ─ ✦

✦ ─ ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ ─ ✦ 

THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES EMOTIONAL MOMENTS!

✦ ─ ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ ─ ✦

The passing days felt like an eternity for William as he sat alone in the quiet confines of his backyard, each moment overshadowed by the absence of Georgie's lively presence. The Texas sun beat down, casting a warm glow over the landscape, but its rays couldn't dispel the heavy atmosphere that enveloped William.

With Georgie still unconscious in the hospital, William found solace in the familiar embrace of one of Georgie's hoodies. The soft fabric clung to him, a tangible reminder of the person he had come to care so deeply about. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the lingering scent of Georgie, a comforting fragrance that provided a fleeting connection to the unconscious boy lying in the hospital bed.

The backyard, usually a place of relaxation, now seemed devoid of its usual charm. The chirping of birds and the rustle of leaves in the breeze served as a distant backdrop to William's introspective thoughts. He spent his days lost in contemplation, replaying memories of Georgie's smiles and laughter in his mind.

The rhythmic creaking of the chair beneath him echoed the monotony of the passing hours. William's gaze remained fixed on nothing in particular, his mind a tumultuous sea of worry and longing. The world around him seemed to move in slow motion, the days dragging on with an excruciating pace.

Occasionally, William would steal a glance at his phone, hoping for any news about Georgie's condition. Each passing moment without an update intensified his anxiety. The solitude of the backyard became a silent witness to the emotional turmoil that gripped him, a canvas painted with the somber hues of uncertainty.

As the Texas sun set each evening, casting long shadows across the backyard, William clung to the hope that the next day would bring better news. The hoodie served as a bittersweet companion in the absence of the one person who had touched his heart in such a short span of time.

The quiet afternoon was disrupted by the gentle creaking of the back door as Leo stepped out of the house, concern etched across his face. His older brother instincts kicked in as he walked towards William, who remained lost in thought on the backyard chair.

Leo approached William, the soft rustle of leaves under his footsteps betraying his presence. He placed a hand on William's shoulder, a gesture meant to convey both support and concern. "Hey," Leo said gently, his eyes searching William's face for any sign of distress. "Are you okay, Will?"

William's gaze shifted from the distant horizon to Leo's concerned eyes. A fleeting smile crossed his face, though it failed to reach his eyes. "I'm... trying to be," he admitted, the weight of worry evident in his voice. "It's just hard, you know?"