2 What is Bliss?

Is it the external excitement we express?
Or is it all in the way a person does dress?
Perhaps Bliss is a kind of high one feels,
A surefire sign of how one deals.

Bliss can be the purest form of happiness,
That kind of fondness,
Where you accept who you are,
And shine bright like a star.

Or perhaps, true bliss,
Can be like a kiss.
Like inner peace felt in your soul,
For everyone who has reached their goal.

I pray that in this life,
People are freed from their strife.
So they may achieve the spontaneity of bliss.
And feel its calmness in their midst.

Watching the ocean’s waves crashing against the shore,
Can you now feel your heart’s wounds desolve?
Oh don’t think this to be a chore,
We should create happiness when darkness needs a resolve.

Paint your canvas in your soul’s own colours,
Sparkle and glitter everyday at all hours.
One’s happiness is bliss, and bliss is one’s inner peace.
For your own bliss is a sign that you have reached home.

Welcome yourself back from your trip in the dark forest.

_____________________

Kindly note: All Rights to Intellectual Property is reserved ®

No reproduction of this poem is tolerated. If you see this poem posted by anyone other than me, please report it.

Poem 2 in the new Words_against_War series by Vedikha Lakshman-Singh

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Bliss has been defined as "perfect happiness or great joy."

But people often use it as a synonym for an epiphany or the heights of one's positive emotions.

The thing about this emotion is that bliss, in every sense of the word, is indeed something we feel.

But what does it mean to feel bliss? Or what is it to be blissful?

Do we experience this intrinsically or is it something that is sparked by an extrinsic action or deed? For example, intoxicating drinks or foods?

Or is it something more along the lines of the intoxicating feeling that comes from spending time with someone special? For example, a friend, a lover or perhaps even, an enemy?

Yes, I said enemy. Emotions are what we can think of as "reactions to actions".  They are definitely chemical and if you disagree, that's just about enough of an example of a chemical reaction.

Of course, we aren't always aware of the changes and reactions made internally. There is so much going on around us. And to live in one's own head would be entirely dull.

So, then what exactly is bliss?

Given all the scientific facts out there, and believe me, I do not wish to delve into their depths, however, it is undeniable that science does help us prove the phenomena of the human body.

That said, bliss in essence, is happiness. But with an upgrade.

See, happiness is an everyday emotion. Something we should have inside us, that helps us base our lives on positive experiences and make the best decisions we can - because happiness is a state of the mind.

Bliss, is the next level of happiness. It is the feeling we have when we see something exciting - thus its association with Joy. But we'll come to her a little later.

Bliss is the feeling we experience when we have achieved something, it is extrinsically activated, BUT it has to exist within us in order for that extrinsic activation to occur.

Tricky?

I'd be lying if I said I disagreed.

To put things into perspective for you, dearest reader, imagine this:

You are happy.

Everything in your life, whether in your control, or out of your control, is fine at the moment.

That is because you accept the fact that it is out of your control if it is a macro environmental force.

If it is a micro environmental force, you have accepted that you can change things around to suit your tastes and preferences. You choose the aesthetics.

The people around you can either add to your happiness, or they can  have zero effect over your happiness. They CANNOT take away from this happiness.

Why?

Well... because it is YOURS!

It is something you were born with. There is little that can be taken from you, only because you have a say in what walks in and what leaves.

Therefore, if you have happiness everyday, when you experience something that flips the "Upgrade to Bliss level", that is the feeling we call bliss.

Still confused?

So am I.

But this is a journey, remember that.

We are discovering things together.