3 What is Joy?

It's not my name.
It's not a game.
Joy is a place we all can attain.

To which inner peace and bliss, are a prerequisite,
They grant you access to the exquisite.
Let's join hands in please,
Walking together in peace.

Joy unto the world they say,
When it should be joy into the world.
Today, a new song we bring, the youth that together would a new dawn herald.

Peace, happiness blush and joy,
We bring to thee.
Entrust us with your wellbeing and you will see,
The world once promised, arise before you.

_____________________

Kindly note: All Rights to Intellectual Property is reserved ®

No reproduction of this poem is tolerated. If you see this poem posted by anyone other than me, please report it.

Poem 3 in the new Words_against_War series by Vedikha Lakshman-Singh

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

And now we have arrived at Joy. Previously, we looked at Happiness and Bliss:

"Bliss, is the next level of happiness. It is the feeling we have when we see something exciting - thus its association with Joy."

Joy is the unbelievable feeling of extreme bliss, an addition to one's own happiness. This is something we often tend to confuse.

At Christmas time, one often hears the words "Peace, Hope, Love and Joy" being used in conversation, or displayed, in writing, as part of the Christmas decorations that are hung up on trees and along vertical surfaces.

We can use the term "joy" interchangeablely with the term "happiness". But, like I've said in the previous chapters, there are slight differences to these emotions.

If happiness is yellow, then bliss is white and joy is orange.

Why?

Because if one where to really concentrate on their emotions, one can easily see these colours.

Of course, people may associate pink with happiness, but that is a specific area of happiness called "love". Happiness stemming from love can be seen as pink.

But one's overall inner happiness is yellow.

Orange as joy, are you nuts author?
Yes, I am nuts. Thank you for your concern. You have to be nuts to notice these things. Because, "normal" people would never notice these things. Ever.

The reason I say that you can associate joy with the colour orange is because of the colours we see at dawn and dusk.

Too many movies and literary pieces have quoted the colours of dusk and dawn to express emotions like joy and happiness.

The darker shades of these times of day of course are address by the darker shades of one's own emotions. And if you don't agree with me, answer me this:

"Why don't we call rainy days bright and sunny, with yellow gloom?"

I trust you understand the way colours are associated with emotions. It is why people with certain disorders or mental related illnesses are affected by colours.

There is truth in the saying: "Colours can heal us." - Unknown

We just need to find a colour that works for us.

And to all those who like black out there, it is, as per science, an absence of colour.

Read that again.

Now tell me why there are millions of people out there who are unhappy inside?

Why there are millions of people out there who have never experienced joy?

Want me to continue?

Ponder on these words a little longer.

I will return with more food for your starving thoughts.