48

Thank you so much for 600K reads!! I'm so so so so grateful! I just wanna reiterate that I do NOT speak French, so everything is with Google Translate, so it's probably unreliable and wrong; there's nothing I can do about that, sorry!!

Celine

I wake up, and I'm in an arena. The familiar sensation of ice beneath my skates makes my shoulders relax, and when I look to my left I see a statue of the three Olympic rings. I smile as cheers and applause circle me. Music begins playing over the speakers, and I begin my program.

I land a quad axel, and the crowd goes wild. A grin lights up my face as I manage another; it's completely effortless. I go into a spinning section, then do a few more flips before the entire program is over.

I skate off the ice. My dad is waiting for me, a huge smile on his face. He wraps me up in a hug, warming me up. "I'm so proud of you, baby. You were amazing."

You were amazing.
You were a m azing
Yo u were am az i ng

My world begins to tilt on its axis and I lurch awake, letting out a surprised gasp. My dad's arms fall from around me, and an ache starts in my head. I frown, wrapping my arms around myself. It's only then that I notice the small, thudding pain in the crooks of my arms. I look down, discovering a needle in either of my arms, connected to one IV stand. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Dad."

He wakes up immediately. "Hm?"

"Why are these in me?" I ask. "I don't remember that."

"Valencia did it while you were sleeping, sweetheart."

He sits up tiredly, still dressed from yesterday. He sets his hand on my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

"Why don't I make you some breakfast and you can say hi to everyone after?"

"I had a dream." I state, changing topics.

"What about?"

My memories of it begin to disperse. I furrow my eyebrows. The only thing remaining in my mind is: "I was amazing."

He smiles.

He leaves to make breakfast, and I grab my phone, but put it down when the light begins to make my head hurt.

     My dad returns quickly. He has a small plate of toast, which I eat quickly. He gets me into the wheelchair, and I look up at him nervously. He gives me a reassuring smile and a kiss on the forehead before taking me out.

"Do you think I could do wheelies on this?" I ask.

He smirks. "Probably not, baby."

He takes me into the living room. I first see a young girl, who looks to be around my age. She has dirty blonde hair with lighter highlights running through it, which is tied back with a ribbon. She's wearing pyjamas with donuts on it.

Beside her is a man with auburn hair. He looks over at me and smiles.

"Celine, this is your Uncle Charles and your cousin Amelie."