Chapter 2

Joans POV
We are about two hours away from the landing sight. Apparently the moment we are going land, it will be an open battlefield. It was quite a stupid move, but seeing that this wasn't one of the more important bases, it didn't matter. All the guards here weren't as big of a threat.

We were all standing around the table, going over where things were and what not. I was leaning against the wall of the jet with my arms crossed, listening into the conversation.

"We'll land here. Wanda, you'll cover us. Remember these are Hydra agents, so be ready for anything. Natasha and Clint will get any and all files. Tony, Thor, Wanda, and Hulk will all be fighting outside the base. Me, Bucky, and Joan will be in charge of getting the girl. These Hydra agents won't give up with out a fight and we can't have any one injured."

All I do is roll my eye's at Steve as he's talking. He acts like these are the top agents. "These Hydra agents aren't the real deal," I say under my breath.

"What was that Joan?" Steve asks.

I look up at him and let out a little grunt. "Nothing."

"No, what did you say there silent but deadly?" Tony asks.

"These men aren't the real threat. These are the men that barley got through training. This Hydra base isn't a big corporate one, meaning all the soldiers here are a lower level. So they'll be easy to beat," I explain simply.

"How do you know this?" Tony asks.

"You know I was apart of Hydra, James and Natal- or Natasha both know this." Shit, I shouldn't have said Natalia. What ever, it doesn't matter.

"Even if that's true, we can't be too cautious. We do't know the extent of their training," Steve says.

Steve trails on about the mission and it's not to much longer until we get there. Once we land, shot's immediately start flying through the air. Wanda creates a shield for us and we all rush out of the jet. I'm the first one out, sending shots into each soldiers head. With each bullet that leaves the barrel of my gun, another man dies. I rush away and in front of Wanda and make my way into the Hydra base.

"Joan! Wait!" I hear Steve yell after me.

I didn't care though. The only thing I care about was getting the mission done and over with. As I make my way inside, three guards come out and fire shots at me. I grab the man that was closest to me and grab his gun. I twist his wrist and send him flying. I grab my gun and shoot the other two. Once I'm in, I hide behind the door and cover everyone else back.

Once Steve and everyone else gets in, I close the door behind them. "You need to follow the plan!" Steve scolds.

I don't respond. I don't even bother to nod. Instead I head deeper into the base. Clint and Natasha part their ways. Meanwhile, the three of us, make our way to where the cells are. We end up coming to a cross way.

"We need to split up. I'll go down here. You two go down that one," I command. Without waiting for a response, I dart down the hall. Normally I listened, but this time? This tome was different. Something was off. I didn't know what, but I didn't like the way things were set up here.

As I'm running down the hall, I come to a stop. It was a room. The door was ever so slightly cracked open. Something was telling me to go in, so I did. I place my hand on the metal door and slide it open. The door slides on the ground and screeches. I look up and I can feel my heart drop.

In the middle of the room is that damn awful chair. My blood runs cold and my breath is nonexistent. My mouth runs dry and my bones stiffen. I can feel a weight on my chest, like a building collapsing on me.

Without even realizing it, I can feel myself walking towards the chair. It's like I don't have control over my body. Before I know it, I'm sitting down in it.

"Joan, Joan, do you copy?" I suddenly hear over the coms.

I jump out of the seat and turn to face it, slowly backing away. Then once more I hear Steves voice over coms. "Joan, do you copy?"

I place my hand to my ear and press down. "Yeah, yeah I copy."

"Our side is clear. Did you find the girl yet?" James says.

I rush out of the door and down the hall to where the cells are. All of them are open except for one. But at the end of the hall, I see a figure. Right as I'm about to chase after the person, Bucky comes back on.

"Joan? Did you find the girl yet?" He asks in an annoyed tone.

"Uhh, yeah. Heading out now," I tell them. I open up the door and see a girl laying on the floor. She's wearing a black tank top with black sweatpants. I can't help but feel like I've seen her before.

She has mid length blond hair and fair pale skin. She had a defined jawline, but not an unhealthy one. Unlike mine. I pick her up, and she's light. Not anymore than 115 pounds. She's short, about five foot and no older than twenty one. I rush out of the room and out of the base. Most people were at the jet.

As I'm running, I get a strange feeling. A feeling that scares me beyond belief. I turn around and scan the area.

"Joans! Come on! The place is going to blow any moment!" Tony yells from the jet.

Something isn't right though. I felt stuck. Then, that's when I spot that same figure in the trees. Suddenly, I feel someone's arm on my shoulder. I turn around to see James.

"We need to go now!" He yells.

I snap out of it and we dart towards the jet. The moment we're in, we take off and the building blows up. Once we're at a safe time to move, I place the girl on the table. She looked so familiar, but I just can't think of how. Then, out of no where, I get a painful ringing in my ear. My knees buckle and I drop to the ground.

I can hear faint words through the ringing. But it wasn't English. I can feel a pair of hands on my shoulders but I swat them off. Then, I recognize the words and my eyes go wide with fear. I grab the intercom from my ear and rip it out. I throw it away from me and just stay in that position on the ground for a moment or so.

"Joan? Are you ok? What happened?" James asks.

I stand up and try to shake it off, pretending as if it never happened. My balance is slightly thrown off, making me grab onto the wall for support. With my other hand, I clench the side of my head. I squeeze my eyes tight, then I feel a gentle hand touch my metal one. I open my eyes to see Bucky.

"Hey, your ok. Your ok, just breathe," he says in a calm voice. Him and I slide down the wall and onto the ground. Everyone was looking at me. I scanned the area frantically. My mind going through every way I could kill them. Every way I could end them. Every childhood injury I could use against them. Everything and anything I could use.

"Joan, just calm down." My eyes go back to Bucky's. He places a hand on my cheek and wipes away a tear that I hadn't even knew had fallen. No, he couldn't get close like this. I push his hand away and stand up. I was just imagining things. I walk up to the front, away from everyone. I just needed to get back to the tower and hit something, then everything would be fine. It would be normal again.