Chapter 38

Bucky's pov
  As we're all sitting in the plane, I can't stop thinking about Joan. What had happened to her? Is she ok? Is she hurt? Did they get her again?

  I stand up and make my way to the cock pit where Natasha and Clint are sitting, flying the plane. I lean against the door frame and cross my arms.

  "How much longer until we land?" I ask.

  "We should be there in about fourth five minutes," Natasha responds.

  "Do we know exactly where we are going?" Clint asks.

  "Yes, I was able to track the phone and I found out where about they would be," Nat explains.

  "Which is?" Clint asks.

  "My guess is that their staying at the hotel there."

  "Ok, now what's in Flossenberger or what ever?" Clint asks.

  "It's close, I'm not to sure. I know that there used to be concentration camps everywhere there back in the day, filled with woods and forests. That makes it a perfect place to hide out," I explain.

  "I see."

  I head back into the main area and take my seat. We are all suited up, ready to go into battle.

Joans pov
  Come morning, it's still snowing. It's been snowing heavily all night, not stopping for even a second. I look back to the girls who are still asleep. I look over to the clock that reads 8:18. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, making the morning seem dull and dark.

  I eat up from the chair and place it back into it's rightful position. I then pack up everything, find any hair, any finger print, and clean it up.

  Come 8:45, I wake up the girls and we make our way out of the room and to our main floor. The moment the doors open, a group of Hydra agents can be seen talking at the front desk. I grab both of the girls and wrap my arms around them, pulling them closer into me.

  "Keep quiet and heads down," I command.

  As we make our way closer to the group of men, one turns around and spots us. We keep walking, until he stops us.

  "Excuse me Florine, would you mind helping us real quick?" The one soldier asks in German.

  I turn around to look at him. I give him a nod. I need to play it cool.

  "Have you seen these three people?" He asks, handing me a picture.

  "I have not," I reply simply.

  "Really?" He asks with a smirk.

  Shit! He knows. I grab both of the girls and we sprint out of the hotel. I quickly hop into the car and we take off. As we're driving, they are quick to follow. We need to get away from people, but with this snow, it's just making everything worse.

  "Hold on!"I yell, quickly turning the car into the woods. As we drive deeper and deeper, it becomes more rocky and bumpy.

  Shots are being fired at the car as we drive.

  "Rose! Hand me one of the guns!" I demand.

  Rose fumbles, eventually pulling out a gun from the back seat. She hands it to me and I roll down the window.

  "Take the wheel!"

  Rose grabs the wheel as I start to push harder on the gas. I stick half my body out of the window and start shooting the drivers down one by one. I watch as the first car swerves into a tree and blows up. Then, about seven more cars emerge from the smoke, along with ten motorcycles on each side.

  "Shit!" I yell.

  I hope back into the car and take the wheel from Rose.

  Rose turns around and instantly her eyes go wide. Then, helicopter noises can be heard from above us. I stick my head out the window and see two helicopters come into the scene. Shit! This isn't good.

  Then, out of no where one of them gets shot down. I watch as it starts to spin spastically and fall into the trees, followed by an explosion. Then, the other one is shot down. I keep my eyes on the sky and a jet can be seen flying above us.

  "Is that?" Rose asks in disbelief.

  "Back up," I say coldly, gripping onto the steering wheel tighter.

  As I floor it, one of the tires gets shot, sending the car spinning through the air. The car flips onto its back, making us all hang upside down. I look around and see a force field around us. I look to Rose who's face is scrunched up. She saved us. I quickly unbuckle myself and hop into the back to undo Ana, she seems to have gotten nocked out in the process.

  As she drops I catch her unconscious body in my arms. Suddenly, I can hear footsteps crunching in the snow. My ears perk up and I quickly grab the hand gun. I place Anastasia behind me, and extend my arm, but instead of seeing a Hydra agent, I see none other than Tony Stark.

  "Need some help?" He asks.

  I hand him Anastasia and he takes her.

  "Who the hell is this?" He asks confused.

  "Get her to the jet, I've got Rose," I command.

  I crawl back up to the front to see Rose.

  "You ok?" I ask, slightly it of breath.

  "Yeah, the seatbelts jammed though," she says shakily.

  I grab my knife and cut her free from the hard cloth. I catch her as she drops and make our way out of the car. As we make our way to the snowy scene shots are flying past our heads. I pull Rose down to the ground and we take cover behind the car. I hand Rose the hand gun and grab the AK from the back. I cock it back and look Rose in the eyes.

  "You need to get to the jet. Your safety is most important right now. I'll cover you, just get your ass to the jet, I explain frantically. Breathing is starting to become harder.

  "Joan, your bleeding!" Rose exclaims, reaching out for my abdomen.

  "I'm fine. On my signal, get ready to run," I command. I get into a crouched position and bring the gun to my shoulder. "Three. Two. One!"

  As Rose takes off, I start shooting at any and all Hydra agents. I hop over the car and dart towards the closest soldier. I swing my gun over my shoulder and throw my knife right into the soldiers neck, killing him. I rush over to him and grab his gun. I start shooting as many people as I can.

  Evuntaully, the gun gets jammed and now they're starting to close in on me. I dart up and sprint towards the jet. As I get closer, I see all the Avengers in combat. It's worse over here. A blast of blue energy flies right past me. I look to my back and see one of the guns that they built back in World War Two was now in the hands of some of their soldiers.

  "Shit!" I yell, running away. I run past one of the fallen soldiers and grab his gun. I go behind a tree, taking cover from the blasts. I look to my left and see that Natalia has about seven soldiers on her.

  Thinking quickly, I shoot all seven of them and the drop dead. Natalia gives me a head nod and a smile. Both of our attention is turned elsewhere. As the tree that I was hiding behind blows up. I rush over to Natalia and we both dart towards the trees for coverage.

  "Where's James?" I ask out of breath.

  "I don't know, but we need to get out of here," she responds.

  "No, we need to stay and end it once and for all."